Got a few pieces of strap steel welded in. Went pretty quick all things considered. I ran in to an issue with a drill bit. I bought a $18 dewalt cobalt 1/2 drill bit. I got 5 holes out of it and it was about as dull and the Obama gun control plan. Needless to say I returned it. I dont mind spending money on things but I expect them to perform better than that.
I removed the (very crappy) foam insulation from channel so I could have better access to welding up the plug holes and the edges let alone not wanting it to catch fire.
Here is a pic of the strap steel drilled out (every 8 inches) so I can weld in the holes against the metal of the bus
Here is the first window I welded up. Im not the best welder on the planet. Yes I would think if I wire brushed off the rust would help some but .... eh... weld it up.
Here is a closer look at the plug welds. Nothing special but so far it looks like they will work out well.
Things are moving along. I am hoping to finish up the passenger side and half of the drivers side if I am lucky. Good times!