Old 05-17-2016, 11:09 PM   #191
Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: International Harvester
Chassis: S1700
Engine: 6.9l IDI
Rated Cap: 27 (adults)
God what an amazing base that would be for a truck house. I have ideas about a huge flat bed with a very short trailer one it sideways at the front, (trailer chassis removed and Tralee bolted down) and stake
Body sides with canvas roof. Ultimate hauler for anything and everything plus worlds most hillbilly sleeper cab.

But seriously, guys like you should
Make modern day truck drivers ashamed. There are guys driving giant Volvo over the road tractors with auto 18 speeds that have no business driving a station wagon much less an 18 wheeler. Guys like you who drove real trucks make me envious. I wish I could afford your truck, it's beautiful. I could do some pretty profitable hot shot towing with that rig. 3 sticks, what's the shift pattern on a setup
Like that. I know most brownies go through atleast direct and over on each gear, I can't even imagine what the pattern would be on a triple stick rig.
Famousinternetjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:20 AM   #192
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famousinternetjesus View Post
Turbo installed flawlessly here is an update on the journey of the machine for those interested.

Underlying moisture from a leaky window over the winter has led me to rip up my hardwood floors. Geez what a but load of useless weight. Innever really liked the floor anyway so I'm taking it as an opportunity. I will be adding a rubber layer for sound dampening and then insulation and plywood.
I've had a local shop totally overhaul my engine, they can do a better job than I ever could, they have better tools and knowledge etc.
I'm installing a spicer 5756-b transmission instead of the Allison auto. It's a five speed direct With granny first. I will have 15 forward speeds.
It's taken a lot of reading and crawling under the bus, but I have determined it doable.
I've always wanted to drive a twin stick rig, so I'm building one. Any questions? Hahah
We love you, Jesus
Old 05-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #193
Skoolie

Did I mention I now have two tiny Pygmy goats in addition to my dog? Haha. They will be coming across the country with me as well.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #194
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
You're very brave to travel with goats anywhere.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #195
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Yikes!...ONE MORE goatmobile here? Where are the "Haulin Oats & Goats kids?
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #196
Skoolie

The goats can be little trouble makers, but they are actually pretty puppy dog like, You can see them and my dog if you look at my Instagram, (same name as on here). The goats will certainly not be loose. This trip is going to be extra cozy as I'm loading 2 5.9 cummins engines which I bought for a steal in and hauling them with me as well. Between the two engines and huge goat cage, I sure am glad I kept my interior open and minimal. With the wood stove in underbed storage and the couch dismantled, I can place each engine directly in fronted the drive axle , side by side with an aisle in the middle.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #197
Skoolie

I also have a frame which fits a full length truck cap mounted on the roof securely at 4 structural points. This is generally intended as a removable, temporary storage addition for using when stayin somewhere long term, but readily abandonable as truck caps are a dime a dozen. However I don't see why I can't put a fairing in front of it, put a sheet of ply down as a flat surface, and house the goats up top for the drive. Obviously with plenty of hay and grass etc. they let me pick them up like they are dogs, so carrying them up and down would be easy. I just want to avoid adding a flat vertical sail to provide more wind load. Any ideas on a rapidly buildable and cheap roof fairing about 2 1/2 feet tall by all means share your thoughts.

My bus is only a 8 window and a 3x5 crate is a huge item to fit, hence why I want to put them up top, not to mention avoiding smell in the bus and making it easier to clean etc.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:43 PM   #198
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famousinternetjesus View Post
I also have a frame which fits a full length truck cap mounted on the roof securely at 4 structural points. This is generally intended as a removable, temporary storage addition for using when stayin somewhere long term, but readily abandonable as truck caps are a dime a dozen. However I don't see why I can't put a fairing in front of it, put a sheet of ply down as a flat surface, and house the goats up top for the drive. Obviously with plenty of hay and grass etc. they let me pick them up like they are dogs, so carrying them up and down would be easy. I just want to avoid adding a flat vertical sail to provide more wind load. Any ideas on a rapidly buildable and cheap roof fairing about 2 1/2 feet tall by all means share your thoughts.

My bus is only a 8 window and a 3x5 crate is a huge item to fit, hence why I want to put them up top, not to mention avoiding smell in the bus and making it easier to clean etc.

You know the rules.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PAINTINGS.jpg (79.6 KB, 77 views)

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #199
Skoolie

Lol ok ok I'll document the whole trip on Instagram @crazycal

I take it you don't have a cool, inexpensive roof wing idea? I don't exactly want to put anymore holes in my roof. Preferably it would be removable. I want to make it out of plastic or fiberglass board rather than sheet metal. I'm thinking a rectangle 3x8 feet. Curved such that it can be rotated and angled down until it matched the roof curve, and mount it to the frame, and the truck cap, and simply run a bead of silicone at the mating surface between the fairing and the roof. The curve could cut from quality ply, or a rolled piece of tube whether it's metal or heavy guage PVC. The rectangular surface could be made from plexiglass.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:39 AM   #200
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
You don't like those goats very much, do you?
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6.9l, at545, auxiliary, brownie, faster highway speeds