Old 05-20-2016, 02:00 AM   #201
Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: International Harvester
Chassis: S1700
Engine: 6.9l IDI
Rated Cap: 27 (adults)
I would clarify that these goats are not going to be living on the bus long term in any capacity. This is a one time journey for them. And being that they are under 2ft tall 3.5 feet of head room with 5x8 ft of space is sufficient for them. They would spend time in a smaller cage in the bus as well, but would sleep up top, and ride up top at times as well. I would reference the numerous member that have roof top chicken coops which are permanent... The goats also ride better in a car than my dog does lol. And they like being on top of tall things i.e.: they climb anything they can, as long as I let them run on leash once a day what's the issue robin? People drag less accommodating horse trailers across the country. My main concern is excessive wind noise or vibration freaking them out, and or if it seems to get hot up there. I was going to take a drive with my girlfriend riding up there so she could report what it's like. If t's scary then it's a no go, but if it's fine, than I don't see a problem. They will have more free space than any cage I could fit in the bus...also I was going to put a sound+video baby monitor up there so I can check on them while driving. Hey will probably spend a lot of the drive inside regardless because i do like them very much and enjoy their company. They are very happy healthy goats.
Famousinternetjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:06 AM   #202
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
We had lots of critters when I was growing up. Chickens, ducks, rabbits. And my old man let me know early on not to name any of them cause we would never have any "pets" that we couldn't eat when the time came.

CABRITO!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #203
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
Sorry Jesus, I was just teasing about the goats. I've had goats and I know how personable they are. I do live on a sheep ranch.
Seriously, chicken coups on top of a bus? Haven't seen that one but I do like fresh eggs.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #204
Skoolie

It's all good I just wouldn't want you or anyone thinking that I would
Put them in an unsafe, or cruel situation. They are funny little animals. Arent sheep a lot like goats?
Old 05-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #205
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the only GOAT i know anything about is the 1969 thats in my dad's Garage...
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #206
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
Yeah, goats are smarter than dogs. Sheep are actually pretty smart too, but you might have to look for intelligence a little harder since they aren't as assertive as a goat. Goats do more. Sheep observe more.

How could I think you're being mean to your goats if you're taking them on a cross country trip? Who does that? I think they'd love it. However I'm imagining some strange expressions on their faces while riding up high. You got to admit, goats are so comical anyway.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #207
Site Team

Putting animals on the roof is OK according to Mitt Romney.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:13 PM   #208
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
Putting animals on the roof is OK according to Mitt Romney.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:20 PM   #209
Skoolie

For those whose are interested after test riding a human up top, I'm not sure I want my
Goaties up there, via walkie talkie they reported the ride was quite comfortable as long as we went straight but that the pitch back and forth was probably more than the goats would like. I reall love them so: I have cleared and area and I am temporarily abandoning my 1950s barber chair on the east coast!! The goats will be penned in right behind the entry steps. And I think I will add a second level they can jump up to to look out the window, so yes, it will be fenced in to th ceiling. If I had a roof hatch it sure would
Be neat to connect to the storage space up top through it! I've pretty much gutted my interior to make space for 3 5.9 cummins engines one with auto transmission attached, 2 Honda dirt bikes, 2 goats, one dog, one me, one canoe filled with clothes art etc. the goats still may ride up top, I have to check it out myself, not only for ride comfort but also for temperature, the cap is insulated and carpeted top and sides, and gets good airflow through it. I'm considering filling the trough with ice and water also. I don't know why people would post images of a dumb politician on my thread, please don't do that again. I don't want to get political
Old 06-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #210
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famousinternetjesus View Post
For those whose are interested after test riding a human up top, I'm not sure I want my
Goaties up there, via walkie talkie they reported the ride was quite comfortable as long as we went straight but that the pitch back and forth was probably more than the goats would like. I reall love them so: I have cleared and area and I am temporarily abandoning my 1950s barber chair on the east coast!! The goats will be penned in right behind the entry steps. And I think I will add a second level they can jump up to to look out the window, so yes, it will be fenced in to th ceiling. If I had a roof hatch it sure would
Be neat to connect to the storage space up top through it! I've pretty much gutted my interior to make space for 3 5.9 cummins engines one with auto transmission attached, 2 Honda dirt bikes, 2 goats, one dog, one me, one canoe filled with clothes art etc. the goats still may ride up top, I have to check it out myself, not only for ride comfort but also for temperature, the cap is insulated and carpeted top and sides, and gets good airflow through it. I'm considering filling the trough with ice and water also. I don't know why people would post images of a dumb politician on my thread, please don't do that again. I don't want to get political
Sorry, was just injecting a bit of humor. Won't happen again.
FWIW- I'm extremely APOLITICAL.

Tags
6.9l, at545, auxiliary, brownie, faster highway speeds