Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: ThomasBuilt
Chassis: International Harvester S-1700
Engine: 9L IHC V-8 Diesel 180HP
Rated Cap: 60
You are experiencing "incremental progress". It builds character. Keep at it. It helps to keep your mind off the seeming slow pace if you keep it busy adding things to your to do list while you are working...

When it's cold outside, and you are warm inside you won't regret one bit of the effort you are making now!

Eric von Kleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Here is something i did in my previous bus during an intense 2 month build period where it was not uncommon to work 10-12 hours 4 days per week.

I took a 2 foot x 4 foot piece of plywood that happened to be painted black. With a silver sharpie made a list of all the major projects that needed to be finished. As we finished various projects, we would cross them off. Even though the bus looked like a construction zone inside until the last week or so, it was comforting to look at the board and see all of the stuff we had accomplished so far.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:28 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Alright... Progress. Got all the back seats done and hinged the tops so they open for storage underneath. Upholstered them in black Vinyl, and made them so that they would still accept the Old cushions that my G/f made.

Got the table attached to the wall, and it all seems to fit nice. The legs on my table are just made of pipe that screws into end caps under the table... all you gotta do is unscrew them..(see pics in gallery) toss em under the seats and the table drops down to make the bed. It's very simple... almost too simple, yet effective. The Cushions fit together to make a perfect double bed 75x50 (Just right for Snuggling)

Got the framework and one side skinned in on the closet.

Looks like we're on a roll...
Dan-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:26 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Wow!... been slacking, people are back from Burning man, New users, new conversions... I better get back to work.

Well, It's not like I have been doing nothing, But... We did have the "in-laws" over for the last week of August and first week of September, so it was a bit chaotic to say the least. Didn't get much of anything done... But man... was I glad to have the bus. If we didn't, it would be the four of us in my tiny one bedroom apartment, thanks to the old pig tho... I just plugged her in outside and I had my own private room, away from the family (I shouldn't have to explain myself here).

I did get a few things done that made living in the ally-way a bit more accommodating tho. Totally finished up the Closet, looks nice, better then the last one. Finished up my overhead entertainment unit too (Saved my life)... guess that's really about it. I should have some pics posted in the next day or two showing my progress, and now I'm happy to really get back to it. I wanna have it finished soon because I think with school starting soon and work, I won't really have much time to work on it. I also want it finished for winter so I will have a "Whistler" party bus for snowboarding trips on the weekend. So... We'll see what happens.

Glad to see that everyone is progressing along nicely... good to be back.

Keep on Truckin' y'all.
Dan-O is offline   Reply With Quote