Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 07:09 PM   #141
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbohall001 View Post
Hey guys! Been away for a little bit due to building the new night club and traveling to Pittsburgh and Bethel NY, but I'm back! Opened the club last weekend and it went very well!

So I'm VERY involved in music, festivals, night clubs and such and another local club owner gave me a sweet deal on some speakers! These will be going on the bus!

Well for some reason I can't upload pics.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
cool on nightclubs! i do a lot of Lighting for clubs and LED control with MADRIX software... did a mobile tribute at pride this past weekend using MADRIX and several LED panels.. i love the dance club scene!
-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:51 PM   #142
Skoolie

Oh dude that's cool I do all that myself too! Just finished putting up six 1 watt lasers today!

jbohall001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:06 PM   #143
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbohall001 View Post
Oh dude that's cool I do all that myself too! Just finished putting up six 1 watt lasers today!

what is your control software of choice? i havent done much with lasers yet.. though MADRIX controls anything DMX.. so lasers could kick ass synced with Time-code and DMX.

I use Art-Net unicast to my master controllers.. then DMX out from there or direct control of the LED's depending on whats connected..

-Christopher
Old 06-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #144
Skoolie

I really only sick with Martin light jockey for all my DMX controlled stuff and I us Pangolin Quickshow for all my ILDA controlled lasers.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #145
Skoolie

Old 06-23-2016, 09:15 PM   #146
Bus Geek

that will punch out some sound... connect those ot an OLD tube phase-linear amp and they would PUMP!!.. oh wait those are powered speakers arent they... are the subs self-powered too?

I used to use light jockey a while back... I switched to MADRIX 5 years ago as I really use my lights mostly for my computerized christmas lights show at the house... I incorporate time-code.. Light-O-rama, video projections and the LED lights for those shows..

I had quite a few old martin 218's when they were the standard in the mid-late 90s.. I know clubs that still run those.. I remember programming step sequences way back then on the martin-mix controller... cool stuff back then...

-Christopher
Old 06-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #147
Skoolie

Yep its all powered! One sub has the amp on it and it powers both cabinets. Real nice budget set up. I have an ElectroVoice Dc-One processor I'm gonna use on them. Should sound real nice.

Have you ever worked with DasLight? I just got it earlier this week. So far I'm really liking it. More than light jockey even.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:28 PM   #148
Bus Geek

I looked at daslight briefly but it looked like at the time it didnt support E1.31 unicast or Art-net... and I had too many fixtures to be handled via multi-cast or having to buy a special interface ..

even a Cisco 2960 switch gave me trouble with lots of E1.31 multicast frames.. when I got up over 5 controllers.. Art-net is uncast so just like regular network traffic.. I can use a compact HP 2530-8G for mobile setups... and I have a Cisco 3750 Core switch in my home network for my home shows.. it looks like DasLight 4 supports more options.. but im already in with MADRIX.. (pro version with 64 Universes.. DVI.. and remote control)..
I use TimeLord to generate time-code which can run multiple instances of softwares together and MADRIX / Light-o-rama support it... this allows me to keep multiple media types in sync across multiple machines...
-Christopher
Old 06-24-2016, 02:15 PM   #149
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I looked at daslight briefly but it looked like at the time it didnt support E1.31 unicast or Art-net... and I had too many fixtures to be handled via multi-cast or having to buy a special interface ..

even a Cisco 2960 switch gave me trouble with lots of E1.31 multicast frames.. when I got up over 5 controllers.. Art-net is uncast so just like regular network traffic.. I can use a compact HP 2530-8G for mobile setups... and I have a Cisco 3750 Core switch in my home network for my home shows.. it looks like DasLight 4 supports more options.. but im already in with MADRIX.. (pro version with 64 Universes.. DVI.. and remote control)..
I use TimeLord to generate time-code which can run multiple instances of softwares together and MADRIX / Light-o-rama support it... this allows me to keep multiple media types in sync across multiple machines...
-Christopher
I did club, restaurant, and professional office audio install work in the mid-to-late 70s, and transitioned out of that to a year on the road with a bar band, doing sound and lights. From there I went to a career in IT. I don't even know what language you guys are speaking.

Wake me up when the nurse gets here with my meds............
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:45 PM   #150
Skoolie

Got a pretty sweet deal on a generator! It's not exactly what I want but it's something to start with anyway. Traded a guy two 12" stage monitors I had left over from the club for this Makita 5800w generator. Needs a 220 socket, and some breakers, and a throttle spring. But I had it up and running in about 15 minutes.