Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: 1996 GMC BlueBird w/ 6.4 L .....bus to TELLURIDE 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by telluriders
... Im 18 and my parents dropped the insurance to my truck and VW bus. They think this is the dumbest idea known to man, but im also dealing with the most right-winged parents !
What, just because you are now an ADULT and they dropped you off their insurance? Grow up! You don't really expect Mommy & Daddy to support you? And what is wrong with being "right"? that has nothing to do with skoolie conversion (either for or against) or anything else that goes against the "norm". Some of the most uptight self-rightous people I have met have what I call socially acceptable alternative lifestyles.

We have a BlueBird that we will be full-timing in. Currently full-timing in a Class C. Been full-timing, again, since 2006. We full-timed for about 1 1/2 years in a hardsided vintage orphan pop-up camper back in the 90's with our two kids (homeschooled) and 2 furkids. We are also conservative Republicans. Kinda blows your "right-wing"/bus assumptions out the window. By the time you get your skoolie registered in good old NC (former resident) you may be singing a different tune and start saying LESS government is GOOD! If there is one thing NC likes and that is to part you from your money. I would suggest you register as an RV or motor home. Not that you will listen to a right wing Republican.
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
Bus Crazy

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

OK, 6.4 Powerstroke maybe? What color is the engine...grey?

Get the thing perfect mechanically. The interior will take a lot of time and planning....rough it. ;)
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.7 L 3116 CAT V6-Inline
Rated Cap: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Quote:
... Im 18 and my parents dropped the insurance to my truck and VW bus. They think this is the dumbest idea known to man, but im also dealing with the most right-winged parents !
What, just because you are now an ADULT and they dropped you off their insurance? Grow up! You don't really expect Mommy & Daddy to support you? And what is wrong with being "right"? that has nothing to do with skoolie conversion (either for or against) or anything else that goes against the "norm". Some of the most uptight self-rightous people I have met have what I call socially acceptable alternative lifestyles.

We have a BlueBird that we will be full-timing in. Currently full-timing in a Class C. Been full-timing, again, since 2006. We full-timed for about 1 1/2 years in a hardsided vintage orphan pop-up camper back in the 90's with our two kids (homeschooled) and 2 furkids. We are also conservative Republicans. Kinda blows your "right-wing"/bus assumptions out the window. By the time you get your skoolie registered in good old NC (former resident) you may be singing a different tune and start saying LESS government is GOOD! If there is one thing NC likes and that is to part you from your money. I would suggest you register as an RV or motor home. Not that you will listen to a right wing Republican.
im not complaining...i expected it....i just put that on there because its all part of the ride...the process...the journey...and up until the purchase they were doing everything in their power to stop me from going to look at busses. Also, let me preface my use of rightwinged: mom, dad, step mom, grandma, grandpa are all educators. But anywho, i dont want this topic to be soaked with family drama.....lets get to the fun! BUSSES!!!
telluriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
OK, 6.4 Powerstroke maybe? What color is the engine...grey?

Get the thing perfect mechanically. The interior will take a lot of time and planning....rough it. ;)

I 'd guess...im trying to get the service records from the school district...and yes the engine is grey....but the casing is yellow....weird...its kind of flashy!
ill get some pics soon. I also wish i could find a manual for this bus...but no luck yet
Old 11-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Finding a manual might be a hard thing to find. What are you needing to know, anything specific? You can find some manuals online but they are generally for newer models.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

well just for tune ups....a diesel engine is a furry turd to me....along with glow plugs (which i think are the smartest things ever)!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #17
Bus Crazy

Oh that will be easy. Should be pretty easy to find an engine manual online. This forum wont be the best place to ask detailed engine stuff. Thedieselstop.com will be the best shot for you. They have a great forum.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

thanks man! Nice and in depth!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #19
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

im not complaining...i expected it....i just put that on there because its all part of the ride...the process...the journey...and up until the purchase they were doing everything in their power to stop me from going to look at busses. Also, let me preface my use of rightwinged: mom, dad, step mom, grandma, grandpa are all educators. But anywho, i dont want this topic to be soaked with family drama.....lets get to the fun! BUSSES!!!

Ignore lornaschinske, read some of her posts and you will realize she don't make too much sense about anything!
newtoskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #20
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to mightybus

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoskool
"telluriders"]
Quote:
Quote:

Ignore lornaschinske, read some of her posts and you will realize she don't make too much sense about anything!
You've got to be kidding. I highly value Lorna's knowledge. She knows and shares valuable information and links about all kinds of bus topics and camping in general. I too would cut an older kid off the car insurance if he/she took it for granted and decided to be lazy rather than seek to improve him/her/self educationally or work at a job. I think telluride appreciates being reminded he is a man now and has to step up to the plate, and to honor his parents. He is showing maturity and intelligence by exploring the school bus lifestyle and expressing his independence, but not all parents should be expected to sign on to this logic.
mightybus is offline   Reply With Quote