Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #1

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Harvester 3800
Engine: T444E
1997 International

Hi everyone, Im Jason. I have been reading and learning on here for a couple of months and it is time to get started on my bus. I have a 1997 international harvester school bus, I picked it up a couple of months ago on craigslist. Its a great bus from what I can tell. Put some new batteries in it and it will fire right up after sitting for 4 wks. Drives smooth, a little slow on accelerating, maybe normal for a bus?. Governor kicks in between 50 and 55, going to need to get that fixed. We are a family of 5 so space is at a premium. One thing I absolutely want is a back porch, so that limits the amount floor space, but I have a plan for that. So far all of the seats are removed and some of the metal paneling inside. Pulling down the ceiling is next.

So attached are two "drawings" ( Im not an artist nor a graphic designer), they are not to scale and some of the measurements need to be tweaked, but you will see what I plan on attempting.

The first one is the floor plan, pretty self explanatory. The second is an attempt to show the addition from the side. I plan on removing the first two roof panels and from about windshield height add a master bed. The second roof panel opening is where we will climb up and the bed will start over the driver. It will take the height of the bus to 12' 4". Behind it will sit the ac and solar (keeps them protected). For the back porch I am planning on cutting out the side walls between the 2/3 windows from the back, and cutting out the back wall, leaving the roof intact over the area. Then building it like a porch- wooden posts in the corners, flip down stairs, rails enclosing it.

Any questions, insights, tips, experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, so no diagrams. Ive tried uploading several formats from the list of formats uploadable- .doc .pdf. Keeps saying failed. Any suggestions and I will get them on here.

buslife2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: B3800 Short bus
Rated Cap: 36
Your best bet is to export your plans to JPEG and attach them. Using an external photo sharing site such as Flickr or photobucket is even better. Use the skoolie search to find the sticky post entitled, "posting pictures" (or something like that).

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in mind!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:31 PM   #3

Here is the link to a couple pics of the bus and my attempt at a diagram
1997 International Slideshow by buslife15 | Photobucket
Old 09-08-2015, 07:47 PM   #4

1997 International Slideshow by buslife15 | Photobucket
Old 09-08-2015, 11:15 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
You already have half of the battle won by already having your pictures loaded to PHOTOBUCKET.

Just watch & follow the attached video site on how to get them here:

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f10/ho...-op-11846.html
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote