Old 09-08-2018, 07:41 AM   #31
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: 8.3l Cummins
Oh, I forgot to say... The windows took more effort than I thought they would, given other peoples' experiences. After taking out the brackets, I originally thought that perhaps they were held in through other means but eventually got them out through force. I found that the best method was a quick cut around the sealant and then using body weight against one corner of the window to shift it.

Some of them are the special emergency exit ones, which I think are awesome as you can open them fully outwards. I might try to work out something so we can hinge these open when we refit them.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:01 AM   #32
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: 8.3l Cummins
Lots of progress. Namely -

- Roof raised completed - Took a lot longer than we'd hoped but finished. We went with a 12" raise, behind the driver seat.
- Windows back in - Mostly sealed up, which is good as the weather turned.
- Ceiling/wall furring strips added - Decided on 2x4 cedar T&G for finished ceiling. Basically it's a cookie cutter Skoolie build.
- Sprayfoam - Messy, prep work was a ball ache but it definitely made a difference.
- Bunkroom framed in - We are trying to cram a lot into a small space at the back so that we get more space up front.
- Water tank dry-fitted/framed in.
- Waiting on another fresh tank to be delivered (hopefully tomorrow!) and then the plumbing can start.

I've got plenty of stuff arriving over the next week and should be able to make some advancements with plumbing, gas and potentially the electrics. I need to sit down and plan everything out properly, so watch this space.

It has gotten very cold here. I'm currently using a BBQ for heat until the ventless Mr Heater unit arrives. It kind of works, and it makes the bus smell a bit like beef. So that's nice.

Anyone got any experience removing the front heater, next to the steering wheel in the middle of the bus? I don't think we'll need such a big unit, just keen on the front window ones and maybe a few smaller vents to heat us at the front. I've seen a video where they used it as storage, which would be great. It seemingly won't come out without a bit of force, which I'm reluctant to do. Tips appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0532.jpg (288.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0571.jpg (194.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0575.jpg (236.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0587.jpg (231.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0589.jpg (172.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0640.jpg (217.7 KB, 9 views)

Tags
mvp, saf-t-liner, skoolie, thomas