Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2016, 05:15 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
What year is your Scout II?

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorncracker View Post
What is the PS WS I'm not familiar?
Passenger Side and Wind Shield.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:27 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

@2kool4skool Wow $665!?! If it were a simple side window I would be glad to mail you one. Thats steep-
acorncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

@EastCoastCB Not sure, its my roomates. Project has been on hold for quite some time ha-
Old 09-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
SCOUT!!!! grew up with those all through childhood!! my dad still has one of his diesels he bought new in 1980.. 375k on the clock...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

More Progress

Called around and found this sweet scratch and dent ladder from a local RV shop for $50. Starting to really look like a Skoolie.

But, the real triumph is 315W of pure solar power mounted! Bought off Craigslist from a local who is building an Off Grid home. He bought pallets of panels at a discount, these were surplus. 0.75 cents a Watt. I used the L Track rail removed from the interior as mounts along with a couple corner brackets from Habitat for Humanity Restore. This place is an incredible asset. Just picked up 8 battery terminal clamps for $2.50 total! Never know what treasure awaits. Talking a lot about price right now however, building this project with as many reused and inexpensive materials is priority for me, a way of life really. Tomorrow AC and Inverter wiring.

And Otis supervising from the Ivy:

Old 09-22-2016, 09:34 PM   #27
Bus Crazy

Quote:
@2kool4skool Wow $665!?! If it were a simple side window I would be glad to mail you one. Thats steep-
The WS for our old motorhome was 1100! I did finally find one for 400 installed. Can't take it with you.....
Old 10-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

Troubles...

So ends a week of exhaustive trouble shooting

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f39/he...all-15215.html

New High Pressure Fuel Pump and Lift Pump on the way. $2900. Really bummed, C'est la Vie. Hope springs eternal and I believe after this gargantuan sum she will be invincible!

Here's the latest from the inside, which is going awesome. Battery bank in, AC outlets wired, STEREO INSTALLED!!!, LED strips running the roof, bathroom and bed framed out along with some other things.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #29
Bus Crazy

I see not your final posts on the original thread until just now. I would not install the new VP44 until reading this: https://www.bluechipdiesel.com/vp44_diagnostics.html Sounds like your VP is shot but.....
Old 10-03-2016, 05:45 PM   #30
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
somrthing doesnt make sense about the mechanic diagnosis..

in a diesel the high pressure pump must overcome the compression pressure of the cylinder to inject any fuel... if your pump was shot your bus shoudnt run at all.. or at least shouldnt run and drive.. yet when you use ether im getting that it starts runs and drives fine....

im wondering if it isnt timing causing the issue... at a slow speed a late shot into the cylinder wont fire... at a higher RPM like when its running a late shot is less of an issue as you still have high enough compression in the cylinder to left over as the piston drops to get a fire....

I didnt read the link posted... also if the lift pump isnt doing its job then you would have low fuel volume potentially at the High pressure pump....

some things just dont quite add up here to a completely bad high pressure pump..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:10 PM   #31
Mini-Skoolie

Finally back on her feet!

This has been an incredible journey of troubleshooting. You can read more if you like on my other thread directly related to these ills but here I will just summarize.

Multiple Mechanics, Multiple parts. Infinite Time invested and expended by myself. Incredible learning experience. Caught the bus on fire two nights ago (transmission shifter cable) while trying to start. Vanquished by a fire extinguisher, amazing purchase just days prior. Retrace wires, find two ground hanging loose and disconnected from chassis. Reattach, starts in half a second and purs beautifully. I feel like a moron but, the mechanics didn't find those grounds either so.....anyway solved and I know this bus inside and out.

Also, much work accomplished interior and exterior. Just added almost 1KW of panels up top!!!!Used it t run a 350w window AC in good sun without an issue. Also built out the shower pan, stained wood pallet storage/ murphy bed seat up front, and many days of actually enjoying it out in some nice environs. Ready to hit the road!

Old 04-24-2017, 12:07 AM   #32
Mini-Skoolie

Lots of Pics and Progress

Back in the SW, now probably at around 8k miles or so total. Crankshaft pulley keeps causing it's bolts to shear off. Will replace and hopefully that solves it. New paint, new kitchen, bathroom mostly built out and lots of beautiful places. Living and building as we go. Loving it.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #33
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Getting a new windshield next week, BB dealer=$285 for the glass. Plus install.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:34 PM   #34
Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 3208 turbo Cat
Rated Cap: 78
Love the ladder, is it aluminum and you painted black?

J
juliol is offline   Reply With Quote