Here's a quick photo dump of the stuff I've accomplished in the past couple of weeks:
Bought some mylar emergency blankets and aluminum tape to wrap the insulation panels that were used to blank out the bottom half of the windows.
Here's one wrapped up like a christmas present, all nice and shiney! Hopefully it will reflect the sun to keep out some of the worst heat. You can see the bubble wrap that I considered using at first. Luckily, I looked at it from the outside and decided I didn't want to be but SO Cheezy!
Aluminum tape should withstand the heat and hold the mylar in place.
This is what the windows look like from the outside. Not perfect, but not too bad either.
Some of the foam required some custom carving to get it to fit around and behind stuff. I'm really happy with this 2" stuff.
I also created a template for the ceiling curve and installed the first partition wall. It backed up to the cage framework. The bathroom side will be able to utilize the cage grid, while the bedroom side remains nice and smooth.
And here you can see the final progress as of tonight. I've installed the wall panels on the passenger's side, and am ready to finish the bathroom (outlined in blue). Because the wheel well poked under the cage, I had to build a platform for the reserve toilet buckets to rest on. The actual toilet will rest directly on the floor. Tomorrow I'll start framing out the "seat" box.
It's very exciting to finally see some actual progress in the build. Hopefully, things will fly now!
If I'm diligent and nothing goes wrong, I should be able to do some primitive 'tin tent' camping this Memorial Day weekend.