No photos today, worked too far into the evening to get any worth a damn.
This week I had to exchange my crank batteries for new ones since the old ones would no longer hold a charge. Before installing the new batteries I bought a BatteryMINDer Charger/Maintainer/Desulfator — 1.3 Amp, 12 Volt, Model# 12117
from Northern Tool. With a 4.9 out of 5 rating and recommendation from 225 out of 226 people, I figured it should work just fine.
I've also spent an inordinate amount of time shopping for counter tops. All I need is a 10' run, but I don't want just a plain COTS counter. Maybe I'm being too picky. But this will take up a large portion of the driver's side, so I want it to look nice.
I was originally going with a cream color. But after working in photoshop for a while, I realize that will be too much yellowish brown in one area.
While debating counter tops, I took some time to create another template for the bathroom wall. Then, this afternoon I cut out and installed it. The layout has changed a little from my original concept. Instead of the toilet facing towards the front of the bus, it's been turned 90 degrees to face the driver's side wall. This allowed me to move the wall in and make the toilet space smaller. Instead of a solid wall enclosing the area along the aisle side, I'll hang a privacy curtain.
By making this change I've opened up a foot of extra space on the side of the couch that can be used for storage. Moving the wall that foot also visually opened the space a little bit more - weird how that little bit of space can make such a difference!
Oh yeah... added edit here: This weekend I got the inlet side of the plumbing done. Now all I have to do is install the counter top, drain for the sink & shower, and the (all important) grey water tank.