Here’s a brief list of the minor chores that could be accomplished despite the rain:
- deck rails cut, drilled & staged for installation[/*:m:37vryodp]
- added clips to hold the windshield cleaner on the forward bulkhead[/*:m:37vryodp]
- added a wooden side to the dog house enclosure[/*:m:37vryodp]
- bought and installed a drink holder and “stuff” organizer on the doghouse[/*:m:37vryodp]
- straightened up the tangled mess of electrical cords in the bus[/*:m:37vryodp]
- permanently affixed one electrical strip to the rear of the bus[/*:m:37vryodp]
- zip-tied another electrical cord to the cage wall[/*:m:37vryodp]
- zip-tied a 20? box fan to the cage wall to blow the A/C towards the front of the bus[/*:m:37vryodp]
- installed carriage bolts on the front door lock[/*:m:37vryodp]
- added block stops to the shelving unit to keep the container bins from sliding off the shelf[/*:m:37vryodp]
- installed the LED light strip on the driver’s side ceiling[/*:m:37vryodp]
- started planning the kitchen area storage shelves[/*:m:37vryodp]
- kitchen plan turned into a general “shelf” plan for the entire bus[/*:m:37vryodp]
Me... before the rain began (Woo Hoo! It's the weekend and we're gonna get stuff DONE!
The rain starts... so we move into the garage.
And it doesn't seem so bad. We could probably get stuff done in the drizzle.
Um. Maybe not. No... nevermind. It's difficult to see, but there's 3"-4" standing water in the road.
So... what else can I do...
Organize the electrical cords and permanently attach the rear plug bank.
Install a 20" fan to push the cooler air from the rear of the bus forward where I'm working.
Install my light fixture... twice
. Gotta remember to use alcohol to clean the residue left from Windex and 409!
Installed clips to hold my window washer above the front window.
Added a wall to the doghouse, bought a car organizer and cup holder, and attached the cup holder to the doghouse. The thing looks ugly now, but I'm working at making it better.
Added tabs to block the lids of the containers on the shelf under the counter. They swing sideways to allow the containers to be moved, but swing back down far enough to catch the lids. Now they can't slide off while traveling.
And added carriage bolts to the front door lock. It's ugly right now, but MUCH more secure!
AND, I picked up the "truck crane" from Northern Tool. That will be installed on the rear deck to load the scooter.
So, yeah, I did actually get stuff accomplished. But the big thing I really wanted to do was get the railing installed. Mom has limited time she can help, and it really is a two person job.
ANOTHER thing she noticed when following me down the road was the tires still don't look quite right. She said the inside tire looked like it was wobbling a bit, but couldn't swear to it because it was getting dark and the roads were all wet. We'll try again next week to tell if the shop did the job right.