Used the bus screws to screw a tarp to the windshield ledge way better than masking tape to protect the windshield during painting.
Soooooo..... took a hasty measurement and thought i had to skin over my back ambers to put in my arch.
Marking out the plugs from some other bus skin we no longer need
Rough cut with the cut off wheel.
Plug cut and wire wheeled for weld prep
Traced the window and cut out a pattern.
Taped up template and used spray paint to trace
The trace. Guess what didnt need to fill the ambers in
We ended up marking and cutting 1.25 inches in from the trace line then making cuts every 3.5-4" so we could use the hand held sheet metal bender to form a window sill. Then we welded them back together and added some 90*bends on the corners
The almost finished product
So for the front raised section i will be geting alot of wind resistance and i dont have a tube bender so this is what I did.
Cut a bunch of slots every 3/8" on 3 sides of the tube for the distance of the radius in this case 3 1/2"-7 5/8"
Tacked while in position then fully welded on the ground
All welded in