OK, I'm a little behind the times now. We got a bit accomplished last weekend, but I haven't had time to post about it.
We left off with all the seats loose from the floor. We got them all out.
Here's a pic of the empty bus.
I started with the shop vac while Andy ground off the few remaining screws holding the metal aisle strips in place
When he got done with the screws, Andy grabbed the broom and started getting what the vac missed. The filter in the shop vac was getting clogged, shortly after this pic I took it out and cleaned it. Worked much better after that.
Here you can see the 3 under-seat heaters, some cancer in the wall, and the plate that covers the access hole to the top of the fuel tank. We removed the back 2 heaters, we may re-install the back one eventually. We're going to fix the cancer good enough to be carpeted over. We'll have to cut the carpet around the fuel tank access hole. It's one of those situations where if I leave myself access, I'll never need it, but if I cover it up...
This is what we did to remove the heaters. They are simply attached to the heater hoses with T connectors. After unscrewing the unit from the floor and wall and cutting the wires, you simply replace the T with a suitable straight connector. In this case a 3/4 pipe nipple. The wires were all wrapped in a few layers of electrical tape and tucked back into the raceway. As far as the gaps left in the raceway, they will all end up under or behind something, so we don't think it will be an issue.
Gotta go for now, more later.