Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2016, 05:12 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Built a hidden compartment to store the firearms.

Onetype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
I need something like that... I have 3 rifles and 2 handguns that I will need a spot for, readily accessible yet not obvious.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:28 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

This view is actually the backside. The rifles and handguns hang on the wall and this slides out revealing them, ammo shelves and some other prepper goodies like gas masks and stuff. Once it's all covered in pallet wood and I install the magnetic lock it will virtually indistinguishable.

I just sold my house, but we built a hidden room behind a bookshelf that swiveled out. Wish I would have taken some pictures, nothing like a 20ft wall completely filled with AR15's
Old 11-01-2016, 06:51 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
<<< Built a hidden compartment to store the firearms. >>>

I seriously like that.....great job.

Don

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Genesis/Am-Tran Tall Roof
Chassis: International, 643 transmission
Engine: DT 466ci 250hp, International
Rated Cap: 86 screaming Monsters
Ive been thinking about this from day one. I had though about the space between the front destination sign and that metal door they have to access it. I'm not sure where to put rounds though? I buy them in bulk at 1000 or 5000 at a time they take up a good space. maybe extend that over head sheet metal out for them as well. Maybe the metal is good shielding so no one can see them at illegal identity check points that there putting up all over the country. I'm sure there going to have ex-ray if not now some time. Like going across the border.
Geo Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:44 PM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: safe-t-liner
Engine: cat re
Rated Cap: 79
sounds like you need a floor safe. They make all sizes and they can be welded in place and covered with flooring or whatever, they can even be fire rated. Great place for ammo and stuff.
crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Jeff View Post
Ive been thinking about this from day one. I had though about the space between the front destination sign and that metal door they have to access it. I'm not sure where to put rounds though? I buy them in bulk at 1000 or 5000 at a time they take up a good space. maybe extend that over head sheet metal out for them as well. Maybe the metal is good shielding so no one can see them at illegal identity check points that there putting up all over the country. I'm sure there going to have ex-ray if not now some time. Like going across the border.
Pretty sure they all have X-ray machines now. I live in Austin and when I travel around South Texas, they're at every checkpoint.

That's my biggest fear honestly, is forgetting to remove them when I'm going somewhere that isn't firearm friendly. Luckily, I don't really plan on driving through any of the communist states *cough* Illinois, California, NY *cough*
Old 11-02-2016, 11:58 AM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetype View Post
Built a hidden compartment to store the firearms.

Its not secret anymore ;) This is looking awesome. I love the planks on the wall. I would put some faux nail heads on those planks that separate.. Afterall, its the details that count, right? Ill be following this build. Keep it up!
Tegra1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #29
Bus Nut

I wish I had the knowhow to do that. Wouldn't want to share a build plan for us, after the game, would you? ( insert all the little dancing dealies here)
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:51 PM   #30
Mini-Skoolie

Ordered my undermount stainless sink today. Also, working on getting insurance so I can drive it around a bit. AIS is supposed to call me back tomorrow, an underwriter has to approve it.

2700k 5" diameter (1" ultrathin) led can lights came in. They're dimmable which is nice, first set I ordered weren't and it was just too bright to such a low ceiling. Going to get a dimmer switch tomorrow and wire them up.

AR15 rifle display mounts will be here tomorrow

Started building the hidden compartment next to my rifle storage. Ran out of pallet wood and it was raining so I called it a day. I'll probably put the breaker panel in here.

Edit : I've since gone in and shaved some of the areas so the sliding compartment moves freely. Wood was swelling causing it to stick a bit. It's on soft close 22" ball bearing drawer sliders, but it has some movement due to the 3 piece design of the track. Unfortunately I couldn't take that play out, so I'm hoping to counter balance it with some weight on the inside lower corner.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:19 AM   #31
Almost There

Fantastic! Those semi secret compartments are sexy. We've been looking at putting similar things in when we get to that stage. And great deal on the bus by the way.

Debt free is the only way to go. Congrats! [emoji122]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
BuSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #32
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetype View Post
Unfortunately I can't take credit for that, it belongs to the Mexican dude who changed out my tires for $25 lol
would have been awesome to see the "Mexican dude" holding the sign and using it to crawl around on!