Raisin' time. Raised the roof in one day, perfect conditions to do it too. 65 degrees, sunny, and no wind. was a good day.
Jack system i used, got the idea from this website just slightly modified. 1/8" square tubing cut to width of bus rib. Hole drilled through for all thread rod. There is a nut on the very tip of the all thread that is welded to the thread and the top of the 1/8" tubing. turning the nut where the wrench is causes it to press down on the bottom tubing and move the thread up and raise the roof. it couldn't be any easier, just tedious. There were safety devices in place too. there were four of these all together.
Point of no return.
nevermind...I got this.
Well the heavy lifting is done now. 16" in total, leaving room for stuff on top enough to clear bridges and enough interior room for both of us (both 5' 6") to have to jump to touch the ceiling. I am missing a few ribs in this photo, but the bus is already plenty sturdy. will post more photos when we finish the rest and get some cross-bracing in. as of this photo the bus is square from back to middle to front and side to side and any which way. very happy with the results.