thanks, hope your stove works out! and if it aint making us money, sure seems to be saving us money. lol. although every dollar we have pretty much goes into this thing, we don't mind because its fun and will always be ours.
well this part was kind of a hassle but at least its done. I got ahead of myself and framed up the floor without putting the passenger chair in....how could i! so we unscrewed the plywood and scraped some glue away on the front of the sub-floor to make room for the chair.
The two chairs we received for free about a year ago, both did not have a base but one had a swivel attachment. The drivers seat now has the base from the original bus seat, so I had to fabricate a new base which was fairly easy in a few hours with some scrap 11 gauge metal and angle iron I had laying around.
We fastened the new base with the swivel attachment in the same fashion the drivers seat will be and was on the original bus. It is sitting on a layer of plywood and then bolted through that and the bus body. You can see the bolts coming through here with nylock nuts and thread-lock glue on them. the other two are out of frame but they are there. (one on each corner of the base)
this is just a quick view of it. the seat will be a good 6-8 higher than its current state after we put the forward and backward adjustments on and the seat cushion. we have the upholstery guns, sewing machine, faux leather fabric, but no foam. we're waiting to purchase that and then it will be completed! The chair swivels about 140 degrees after facing forward.
Here it is pretty much to the point of just needing to bolt the chair to the pedestal. The floor is framed up around it and insulated even under the pedestal.