It’s an exciting Demo is Done Update!
All ceiling and wall panels are off! We pressure washed basically all but the driver’s area after these photos.
We pulled out all of the fiberglass batts which were in decent shape, after debating the costs of professional spray foam, we decided to insulate ourselves with rigid foam boards. We put the bigger pieces over our existing attic insulation of our house, ‘cause why not?
The fiberglass mountain
We worked on grinding down the rust, the flap disc we gave a try was total overkill and wore out quickly, the wire wheel ended up being the perfect tool for the job.
The space hogging door mechanism and cab overhead area were the next to go. The door was also removed as we plan to retrofit it to swing out.
So much empty space up here to reclaim as we build!
This little hole housed a tiny fan that was quite decrepit, we ordered a 16x16 polycarbonate skylight to replace it, seeing as there is already a hole in the roof.
This panel was removed…
To fix this hole left by the removal of the stop sign.
Now that we’ve basically removed all we plan to, it’s time to prep for paint and the fixing of things like that hole. ;) We used corroseal and it worked great on the floor, it wasn’t needed anywhere else. Thank you all for your invaluable advice as we figure things out!