Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-14-2017, 11:50 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 7
Year: 95
Coachwork: Blue bird
Chassis: G30
Engine: Chevy 350 gas
95 g30 ... input appreciated

Tried post earlier so may be a duplicate.

Hello everyone,

I did it! I joined you crazy, adventurous, and incredibly creative skoolie owners today. I bought a bus that has some emotional attachment to me ( and I just started building the freaking thing!).

My goal is to convert it into a tailgate/3 weeks a year RV .

It's a 95 Chevy G 30 gas 350.
A local school district was selling it and I bought it. The bus has been extremely well taken care of ( as in I don't think it had ever sat outside at night in its life) .

So I'm just starting to convert it and I would like your input! Any ideas are welcome.
I'm still trying to decide on flooring, heating and cooling, paint, and layout.

So I'm basically starting from scratch

Anyways thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0685.jpg (275.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0691.jpg (174.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0694.jpg (200.8 KB, 12 views)
shorty #5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:53 PM   #2
Bus Nut
 
oricha1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 881
Chassis: GMC or Chevrolet, I hope
Engine: gasser probably
gratz bud !
Do they have another one
__________________
the more i learn, the less I know what to buy . . .
oricha1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:14 AM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oregon/Philippines
Posts: 1,660
Sooo easy to build a 350 in one day if yours has problems.. However, I guess u want rv cam... lol
__________________
Jesus Christ... Conversion in progress.
chev49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
Bus Crazy
 
sdwarf36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moodus, Ct.
Posts: 1,062
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14
Perfect bus for a weekender.
__________________
Don't make a fuss-just get on the bus!

my bus build http://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:07 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 11,359
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
wow bus is in great shape!!! I love a SBC 350!!!
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 7
Year: 95
Coachwork: Blue bird
Chassis: G30
Engine: Chevy 350 gas
Painting

Got the bus painted! Used a paint sprayer and that was definitely the way to go. My paint however was aluminum based xo rust from true value and it's taking forever to harden. Anyone have any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0751.jpg (184.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0753.jpg (218.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0755.jpg (165.7 KB, 4 views)
shorty #5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Picton,Ont, Can.
Posts: 1,628
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
wow bus is in great shape!!! I love a SBC 350!!!
-Christopher
*1 on the sbc 350...mine just rolled over to 425,000 but needs an intake gasket i think. Hoping orchia will come and tackle it soon

John
__________________
Question everything!
BlackJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:11 PM   #8
Bus Nut
 
oricha1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 881
Chassis: GMC or Chevrolet, I hope
Engine: gasser probably
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
*1 on the sbc 350...mine just rolled over to 425,000 but needs an intake gasket i think. Hoping orchia will come and tackle it soon

John
LOL ! If we lived near each other, I would love to help you do it !

New paint job looks good.
__________________
the more i learn, the less I know what to buy . . .
oricha1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:38 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty #5 View Post
Tried post earlier so may be a duplicate.

Hello everyone,

I did it! I joined you crazy, adventurous, and incredibly creative skoolie owners today. I bought a bus that has some emotional attachment to me ( and I just started building the freaking thing!).

My goal is to convert it into a tailgate/3 weeks a year RV .

It's a 95 Chevy G 30 gas 350.
A local school district was selling it and I bought it. The bus has been extremely well taken care of ( as in I don't think it had ever sat outside at night in its life) .

So I'm just starting to convert it and I would like your input! Any ideas are welcome.
I'm still trying to decide on flooring, heating and cooling, paint, and layout.

So I'm basically starting from scratch

Anyways thanks for your help
Please tell me that bus isn't from the CHEYLIN, Kansas school district? Good looking bus, I'm in Colby, I'd like to see it close up and personal.
GWinKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
help with building, new bus owners, short bus

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.