Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
that's a lot of snow - traditionally that's the kind of snowfall we get here, but 'tradition' seems to be changing in the west and our snowpack here in the valley is pretty low - lots of freeze/thaw/freeze/thaw weather, leaving a skating rink trail - good thing I have the old Tucker sno-cat - teeth on the drag were able to tear up the ice, and 1 inch of snow and our trail turned out very nice - sleds ( dog sleds ) were able to carve the corners this morning behind our two fastest teams - EXHILARATING runs
Which Valley would that be?
Didn't end up grooming today spotted a grouser that had blown a backing plate of and then a trackbelt section with a nasty gash in it. So I went back to bed and then after a nap I went and did some maint on my sled, and went over to the shop and worked (starter replacement, 4x blade hose change) on the other groomer so we can put the new track on it and get both big machines running again. Boys are gunna do a splice patch tomorrow.

The snow yesterday was amazeballs, now its a bit wind driven and harden up

10 deg temp difference inside the bus this morning since I have most of the subfloor installed.. I will be doing a different thread about insulation and such in the near future once I have time to IR temp the inside again in similar conditions to that last time.

Handyman and Shenaniganizer
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/97...ion-22324.html
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #102
Bus Nut

valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Which Valley would that be?
Didn't end up grooming today spotted a grouser that had blown a backing plate of and then a trackbelt section with a nasty gash in it. So I went back to bed and then after a nap I went and did some maint on my sled, and went over to the shop and worked (starter replacement, 4x blade hose change) on the other groomer so we can put the new track on it and get both big machines running again. Boys are gunna do a splice patch tomorrow.

The snow yesterday was amazeballs, now its a bit wind driven and harden up

10 deg temp difference inside the bus this morning since I have most of the subfloor installed.. I will be doing a different thread about insulation and such in the near future once I have time to IR temp the inside again in similar conditions to that last time.
the Salmo Valley in the West Kootenays in South East BC
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:12 AM   #103
Skoolie

Quote:
the Salmo Valley in the West Kootenays in South East BC
I'm familiar, I've got over 20 yrs living on islands and a couple more in the OK Valley in BC.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:07 AM   #104
Bus Nut

almost neighbors at one time
Old 02-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #105
Skoolie

Not much to report, I cut down a bunch more strips the other day and began working on reclaiming the hardwood flooring I'll be installing.

I've actually removed the staples from almost all the flooring, then I got to run them through the planer, then myself and the HSM have to decide which topcoat we want.....well what top coat she wants me to put on lol.....

Side note broke some trail the other day after our most recent rounds of snowfalls...think we are at 12ft of accumulation now.

You knows its deep when the track is almost buried in on both sides and the blade is full up and still hitting snow.

The HSM finished off another pillow, this one is themed after Alice in Wonderland

Old 02-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #106
Skoolie

So I found a snapshot of snowfall accumulations, it's already inaccurate courtesy of the weekends snowfalls lol We are over 14' of snow so far

So after Friday's snow me and some Salty Fellas went for Brraaapppp, jumping drifts, dropping off them, pole line cutting, and swamp bashing

that's the roof of a 14'x14' cabin with a 12' peak in the background

My buddy didn't quite clear the top......

Old 02-11-2019, 08:06 AM   #107
Skoolie

It wasn't all 2 strokes and games the weekend tho, I got some more ceiling installed and shuffled some things around. I've now got 80 sg ft of ceiling covered. Its a slow process because I don't have enough clamps and It not in the budget to buy more at this time.

And since the winds jumped up towards the end of our sled ride and haven't subsided, I fired up the buddy heater yesterday while I was working, and hit a balmy 24 C inside the bus. The winds were 65 km/h gusting north of 85, was good times The snowdrifts at some peoples houses were incredible.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:59 PM   #108
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
It wasn't all 2 strokes and games the weekend tho, I got some more ceiling installed and shuffled some things around. I've now got 80 sg ft of ceiling covered. Its a slow process because I don't have enough clamps and It not in the budget to buy more at this time.

And since the winds jumped up towards the end of our sled ride and haven't subsided, I fired up the buddy heater yesterday while I was working, and hit a balmy 24 C inside the bus. The winds were 65 km/h gusting north of 85, was good times The snowdrifts at some peoples houses were incredible.

22c should read 71.6f
Old 02-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #109
Skoolie

Quote:
22c should read 71.6f
It was a touch over 24 when I wrapped up for the day, never ended up taking another pic. Thought I had...

Old 02-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #110
Bus Nut

what size is your bus YC?