Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #61
Skoolie
 
Wutm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 113
I don't know if the price is just going up or if it's more expensive here in Arizona but I called a few commercial guys and the closest I got to the price I'm paying to do it myself is about $2,300 which I went back and forth on, could potentially have been well worth it. I'm aiming for 2 to 2 1/2 inches I purchased 3 kids which would be just enough for three inches all the way around so I'll have a little bit extra and figured I could use that to seal around the edges on my subfloor... would rather have a bit much then not enough, I live in Phoenix and will probably be here for part of the summer every summer for the next few years
__________________
My conversion https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/a...ous-16828.html phoenix az

Ig gypsybirdbus
Wutm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:53 PM   #62
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I wish I had arranged to get the floor insulated from underneath while I was getting this one sprayed.

Just saying if you do have extra... you might want to shoot the underside of the portion you intend to air conditon.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:36 PM   #63
Almost There
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Tepme AZ
Posts: 97
Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6-71
Rated Cap: 52 pax
The cost of spray foam will vary depending on the company and on if they are just spraying your bus or if they are doing your bus as well as a paying job. I too live here in Phoenix and I'm having my insulation guy spray my bus in a few weeks when we spray our next house in a couple of weeks. He is going to spray my bus under the window lines and under the floor for the back 6 or 7 feet in the storage bay. All this for $100 because he is doing a large job and everything is already set up ready to go. Ask your insulation company what you can do to help lower the price, they may surprise you.
__________________
-Chevy
Chevydude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #64
Skoolie
 
Wutm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
I wish I had arranged to get the floor insulated from underneath while I was getting this one sprayed.

Just saying if you do have extra... you might want to shoot the underside of the portion you intend to air conditon.
I think we're going with two AC units either that or I've seen some people use duct systems to put the air where they need it. We will be in Phoenix a good portion of the time and I am in absolute crybaby in any weather over 80 degrees LOL. We're doing a decent amount of subfloor insulation so hopefully I'll be okay in that area
__________________
My conversion https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/a...ous-16828.html phoenix az

Ig gypsybirdbus
Wutm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #65
Skoolie
 
Wutm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevydude01 View Post
The cost of spray foam will vary depending on the company and on if they are just spraying your bus or if they are doing your bus as well as a paying job. I too live here in Phoenix and I'm having my insulation guy spray my bus in a few weeks when we spray our next house in a couple of weeks. He is going to spray my bus under the window lines and under the floor for the back 6 or 7 feet in the storage bay. All this for $100 because he is doing a large job and everything is already set up ready to go. Ask your insulation company what you can do to help lower the price, they may surprise you.
You are in my area too, wonder if we could have gotten each other and even better deal. Too late now! That really cut into my budget and I've been so good about looking for deals elsewhere I'm kind of thinking maybe I should have spent more time researching comma no refunds so no use Looking Back Now
__________________
My conversion https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/a...ous-16828.html phoenix az

Ig gypsybirdbus
Wutm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #66
Skoolie
 
Wutm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 113




Subfloor and spray foam is all done, I also have the wiring and plumbing lines in. I need to be purchasing a water pump and water heater, if anyone here has had Success in that area please let me know what you're using. Also feel free to take apart my floor plans! They are updated and 2 size
__________________
My conversion https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/a...ous-16828.html phoenix az

Ig gypsybirdbus
Wutm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #67
Skoolie
 
Wutm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 113
Oh boy am I terrified, was a big purchase day today. Spent about 2k. I have six 285 watt solar panels already, the stuff purchase today I included in photos. Got our water trough that we will be turning into a bath slash shower as well. I think I'm working on the plumbing and solar/electric and will be working on furring out the bus and paneling next. Would really appreciate any thoughts or comments. Tackling a lot of this on my own and although all has seemed to go well thus far I don't myself every step of the way!







__________________
My conversion https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/a...ous-16828.html phoenix az

Ig gypsybirdbus
Wutm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #68
Skoolie
 
Wutm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 113
__________________
My conversion https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/a...ous-16828.html phoenix az

Ig gypsybirdbus
Wutm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:47 PM   #69
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
There is nothing more satisfying than spending a few grand. Didn't you feel that way when you bought your bus?

Yeah these buses take more money than we estimate in the beginning, but that's because we make them into something more than we initially imagined.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #70
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 492
Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
As someone who has and uses a stock tank as a shower, good choice. We opted for the 110 gallon version so when we're hooked up to water a bath is also possible if wanted. Mine works like gangbusters. I also mixed and added an epoxy/sand/pebble floor with a little aqua marine luminescence powder in ours to raise the bottom up so it would drain out of the drain plug that is about an inch off the bottom. Plus it looks like creek bed on acid, so I've got that going for me... Which is nice...
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #71
Skoolie
 
Wutm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
There is nothing more satisfying than spending a few grand. Didn't you feel that way when you bought your bus?

Yeah these buses take more money than we estimate in the beginning, but that's because we make them into something more than we initially imagined.
I hate cash. Haha. Pay me in gas food and beer and I would be a happy camper, haha. This is going to be home for a long while so I'm trying to do it right
__________________
My conversion https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/a...ous-16828.html phoenix az

Ig gypsybirdbus
Wutm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #72
Skoolie
 
Wutm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughridge85 View Post
As someone who has and uses a stock tank as a shower, good choice. We opted for the 110 gallon version so when we're hooked up to water a bath is also possible if wanted. Mine works like gangbusters. I also mixed and added an epoxy/sand/pebble floor with a little aqua marine luminescence powder in ours to raise the bottom up so it would drain out of the drain plug that is about an inch off the bottom. Plus it looks like creek bed on acid, so I've got that going for me... Which is nice...

That sounds awesome! Any pics? Glad it worked out for you
__________________
My conversion https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/a...ous-16828.html phoenix az

Ig gypsybirdbus
Wutm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:09 AM   #73
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6
Coachwork: *
Chassis: *
Engine: *
I ordered my circuit breakers came from crimp supply. Someone there thought it would be a good idea to ship them in a bubble envelope and they were in broken all to hell.
rkentzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×