Old 06-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #31
Mini-Skoolie

Re: A Crown for Burning Man

We have also opted to use a smaller slow turning 5kW diesel generator instead of 10kW LP generator. This gets rid of the 11-gal lp fuel tank and will free up some space. This also added $700 in costs, but gives us more flexibility in our battery bank strategy.
Reymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #32
Mini-Skoolie

Re: A Crown for Burning Man

Hi all,
We met with Crown_Guy the other day for some help with measurements and to shoot the **** for a while. We were able to create some renderings of our bus build and begin finalizing our floor plan. The renderings reflect our intentions when it comes to overall layout, color scheme, and custom pieces such as our headlights, tail lights and turn signals. Looking at the front, the headlights are actually the black components with the yellow dots. The turn signals are the halos below them. The center of the front halos are actually holes. One will be used as an air intake for our diesel generator, the other will be used as a fresh air supply for A/C system (we will be blending fresh air and recurring some of it). Out back, the brake lights are halos. All four of the rear lights will be red halos. The upper pair will have the center portion blacked out, the lower pair will have an amber colored turn signal in the middle. All of the halos will have a frosted texture, which will give theme this nice look in the day time when parked and should diffuse the light beautifully at night. The reverse lights will be in the same spot but replaced with LED's.

I did not get around to taking measurements for the windshield or the back windows which is why they are not rendered. Same goes for the roof portions in in the front and rear. I will add those portions back once Crown_Guy is back from vacation. We will need to take some more measurements for the existing basement components (engine, drive train, etc) at that time as well so we can make plans for integrating new basement components such as the holding tanks etc.

Let me know what you think.

Happy Fourth!

Reymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #33

Well how did it go?
findley_joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #34
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Cool rendering.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #35
Bus Crazy

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71 Mid-Ship Mounted
Rated Cap: 79 at Birth
Yes, looking good on the drawings!
Old 08-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #36

How is your build going? We're in the same boat, I mean bus ;) My partner and I just bought a crown tandem we'll be stripping for this years Burning Man. For now it will be just a vehicle to haul our **** in but the conversion project will start soon after. I'd love to see how things are going. We're based in the bay area as well...
sfluke is offline   Reply With Quote