Alright Alright...everyone give it a rest on the electrical for a minute....but, we'll be coming back to it and there will be a test.
Anyways, haven't gotten much done in the last week and a half or so.
Last Monday, I went to go just reorganize my tools and get collected. I ended up drunk with my buddy who owns the shop and didn't get anything done.
I had a guest in town starting Wednesday so had to clean up my cabin Tuesday night. Then this happened:
It didn't stick around that long, but still with a guest in town there was minimal time for real work.
My extra wiring and connections came in, so I got that plugged up in about an hour and run through my gang box:
I still have to go back and seal the windows and some more on the roof. It rained pretty hard last week and I had some water ingress. Fortunately, my buddy threw an airmover from his shop in the bus and it was pretty well dried out by the time I got to it that afternoon. As you can see, I still need to shave the foam, but there are much more pressing matters at hand:
Then I went to Shakey Graves in Denver on Saturday night for the show...it was ok.
After the show, my buddy and I were walking back to his buddy's place from "The District" after leaving the Ogden Theater, and I saw this Gem:
Beard update, and I joined the Dollar Beard Club...I like their oil, brush, and comb...but, I won't be buying their beard wax again. I prefer Murray's beeswax:
Then I kicked ass in fantasy football all weekend...I am not a fantasy football nerd. I just join to give me a (further) distraction from everyday life. I don't follow the players, I just pick my teams based off of projections and let it roll. I'm one win behind the number one place, who is a buddy of mine that organizes the entire thing...If I do beat him, I won't let him forget it for a year since he's so competitive:
I'm team BuckFutter for all you 90's SNL fans:
I saw this today, I don't even know how...
I got this in the mail late last week, I'm ready to install...I just need propane and a working solar system:
On to the real work:
Cutting for the battery box:
Then I shaved the rub rails where they were interfering:
Then I bled a little bit:
Then I got the new box test fitted...I don't really like the way it's in there. It's sitting about a 1/4inch too low. I need to shave just a hair off the top of the bus skin, refit, then bolt into place. looks decent enough for pictures though:
It's just held in with some self tapping sheet metal screws. I'll get some stock steel and weld the braces on the floor joists similar to factory, then bolt it in with some carriage bolts that resemble the factory rivets. I might gusset it to the adjacent floor joists with some angle but, we'll see how it holds after I weld it in place.
Sorry for the photodump, but that's pretty much all thats been going on the last week or so. Hopefully more progress this weekend sealing windows and crawling back on the roof to finish it off. I'll be monitoring the leak situation closely and really trying to pinpoint the leaks.
I need to wait until I have a bit more cash laying around before I can do much more, I got antsy and bought a Luminox watch this weekend. My timex expedition broke last week and I've always wanted a luminox...there's never been a shittier time to buy a nice watch than when you're working on a skoolie.
Well, that's all for now.