Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #81
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48
Re: Adventure Awaits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw
...It's his fault we have this bus anyway.
I have a couple friends who I blame for things too...

Can't wait to see how the lights look on the bus. Don't forget pics!

jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #82

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Thanks for that link. That looks like a good source.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #83
Bus Crazy

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71 Mid-Ship Mounted
Rated Cap: 79 at Birth

Quote:
dentedvw wrote:
Well, enough spending imaginary money.
Why, the government continues to do it! Your paint job is looking nice
Old 05-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #84
Skoolie

Year: 1978
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: ford
Engine: 406 Ford
Rated Cap: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by browncrown
dentedvw wrote:
Well, enough spending imaginary money.

Why, the government continues to do it!
Haha! Yeah, but they get to follow through with their imaginary spending... and dammit if I'm not a bit jealous, sometimes.
bus-ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #85
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72

HA JKINDT I HAVE ALL THE TOP LIGHTS AND LOWER REAR LIGHTS IF YOU ARE STILL WANTING SOME LIGHTS,,ALL WORKING ..$25.00 PLUS SHIPPING,,,, I BELIVE THERES 8 LIGHTS I WENT TO 7'' LED IN THE BACK SO THESE ARE THE 7'' ONE ...IAM IN GA 30540 PM ME
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #86
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas SafTLiner
Chassis: FE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
I just bought 2 more 4" round LEDs for the back (total of 4) for less than their price at the local parts store (O'Rileys). Sometimes shopping closer to home is cheaper
On
Smitty
Drat, no O'Reillys by us. I have checked all the likely sources here, and can't find anything yet. We are a capitol city, but still pretty small.

Thanks for the compliments! I haven't worked much on it lately. It's been too windy to paint, and I have been pretty busy with plain ol' family type stuff. On a good note, things have been looking up around here, been working more hours, almost back to full time. Can't complain about that!
dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #87
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith
HA JKINDT I HAVE ALL THE TOP LIGHTS AND LOWER REAR LIGHTS IF YOU ARE STILL WANTING SOME LIGHTS,,ALL WORKING ..$25.00 PLUS SHIPPING,,,, I BELIVE THERES 8 LIGHTS I WENT TO 7'' LED IN THE BACK SO THESE ARE THE 7'' ONE ...IAM IN GA 30540 PM ME
Thanks for the offer...I am still trying to decide if I am upgrading to 7" LEDs or not. But if I don't, I will need two red lenses from the lower lights.
jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #88
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas SafTLiner
Chassis: FE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 60

Wow, a lot has changed in a year. Wife and I are separating, I am moving to Utah, and I will probably be living in this bus for a bit, hopefully no more than a few weeks.
I am leaving June 2nd, and I have NO idea where I am going to park. Oh, right, lost my job in January too. After weeks off from an emergency surgery. So, it's been a great year so far.
But, I am hopeful for the future, and staying generally positive these days. I really need to finish the paint, fix the brakes, find and fix the seriously leaking transmission fluid hose, and pack it up. Running out of time. I might have to ditch my deck idea, and sell the platform, which would be a bummer, because I was excited about that.

If anyone has any ideas about where to stay for free temporarily in Salt Lake City, I would love some suggestions.
dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #89
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas

No idea where to stay in Utah, sorry. You have our best wishes for an even better remainder of the year
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #90
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
... If anyone has any ideas about where to stay for free temporarily in Salt Lake City, I would love some suggestions.
Might try someplace like http://www.freecampsites.net

If you search for "boondocking", you will find a list of websites that I posted. I would give you a couple more sites but I recently had my computer worked on and I lost ALL my bookmarks.

You would need to check these places out but these are from my Don Wright's Free (and Cheap) Campgrounds Western Edition (13th edition):
Salt Lake City
Rockport State Park (45m E of city) $9 primitive at 5 campgrounds, $18 developed sites @ Juniper Campground, showers & toilets

Farmington
Wasatch National Forest (7 day limit.. you would have to leave for 24 hours and then you could check back in)
Bountiful Park (1/2 mile N of town) $10, 39 sites, seasonal 7/1 - 9/15, toilets, drinking water
Sunset (4m NE of town) $8, 12 sites, seasonal 7/1 thru Labour day, toilets, drinking water

Syracuse
Antelope Island State Park ( 9m W of town) 14 day limit, $12, open all year, 30 sites, toilets, drinking water, dump station

You can do a Google search for "free campgrounds" or "free campsites" to find websites on the internet. Also do a search for "Free Campsites in Utah"

This is from a newspaper article. Has some info on nearby campgrounds if you scroll down thru the article
http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/artic...r-camping.html
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #91
Mini-Skoolie

Very nice EF you have there!

The rear lights are very similar to the ones on the newer model of that bus. I believe they started using them in 2008. The photo below will give you a pretty good idea of what yours might look like.

kshamrock12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #92
Bus Crazy

Quote:
. . . Running out of time. I might have to ditch my deck idea, and sell the platform, which would be a bummer, because I was excited about that. . . . .
Maybe you could toss it on the roof to bring it with you, and hold it down with some ratchet straps over the top, hooked into a couple of windows cracked open just a bit. Kind of like an SUV carrying a canoe . . . ???
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #93
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1989
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 45

Adventure,
If you're still here in Utah, look me up in Corinne. (about 50 miles north of SLC). I'm the bus dude..
Glen
Apacheglen is offline   Reply With Quote