Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2018, 06:31 PM   #81
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas MVP
Engine: Cat 3126B
Rated Cap: 20800
Few more pics

Here is a pic of the bad transmission line I had replaced as well as the "thru the floor adapters" I built to move the heater lines from under the front of the bus up through the floor. One pic shows the lines unarmored and unsupported and the second covered and nylon tied. I failed to get a picture of the connectors from the topside and will have to remedy that when we get the bus back from the shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Transmission Line.jpg   Heater hoses attached to thru the floor adapters.jpg   Armored front heater hose connection from under bus.jpg   Thru the floor adapters.jpg  

Dizzyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:23 PM   #82
Skoolie

After 3 months and $3,500...

Have not posted in awhile as the bus has been at a local truck repair shop. We took it there for them to change all fluids/filters and flush the cooling system as they were going to have it opened up anyway to switch from the factory heater hoses inside the bus to new ones we had installed underneath the bus. During the process we found the radiator was bad and was sent out to be re-cored. A new fan, clutch and thermostatic control device were installed thanks to some bizarre work done by the school district earlier. Also a bad hydraulic line for the transmission was replaced and the governor was turned off at our request. I was shocked to discover that apparently 1999 is ancient for bus parts as the fan, clutch and the control device for the fan (sorry, can't recall what it is called) are no longer made. We managed to locate a new fan and clutch in a dusty corner of a warehouse in Nashville, TN and the mechanic was able to get another control device fixed up to work as we needed.

Good to have Thomas back - now back to work...
Old 04-02-2019, 01:57 PM   #83
Skoolie

Ospho'd the floor - finally

After sweeping, scraping with putty knives, sweeping again, cleaning with a steel wire brush in a drill and mopping twice - today was the day to apply the Ospho. For something so simple it is sure difficult to apply right, or maybe it's just me. I have never applied anything that thin before and I swear that it was the last 5 feet of the floor that I finally got it right. The other 30+ feet... well, lets just say I may have some sticky spots, time will tell. At least I have to work tomorrow so it will have till Thursday to dry. If I do have sticky spots, what is the fix"?
Old 04-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #84
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Chassis: Chevy cut-away 6-window shortie
Engine: 6.0L Gasser
I can't comment on the fix, as I've not been there yet, though it would be good to know what you did that worked and what didn't work so others (myself included) hopefully can learn before we do the same.

Thanks!
Chris
Old 04-03-2019, 04:36 PM   #85
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by farok View Post
I can't comment on the fix, as I've not been there yet, though it would be good to know what you did that worked and what didn't work so others (myself included) hopefully can learn before we do the same.

Thanks!
Chris

I am glad to be of service and I am sure I will be able to provide a wealth of "How not to do things"!