Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Arkansas Father Son project

Here is the beginning

It took a few days to get from full seats to bare floor and ceiling.

coach21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Looking good, coach21! What a great father/son project.
BusFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:44 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Just like my build! My son is learning LOTS! Enjoy the time together!
Old 07-02-2016, 09:39 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
How exciting! Reminds me of that neat feeling i had as the seats came out and the space was revealed. The delightful space Just big enough for all my needs. I recently decided the rear 12ft are my shop area with bench and all my tools. ahhh a true sanctuary indeed. Enjoy just sitting at the shop bench about as much as i am capable of enjoying something. lol Looking forward to seeing your direction and style. Thanks for sharing.
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:52 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: 3126b CAT
Where you guys at? We're in Conway and are about 90% through our conversion. I would recommend Instagram if you are looking for inspiration for your build. Here's ours: http://www.instagram.com/naturalstatenomads We also have a blog, but have done an absolutely horrible job of keeping it updated.

Follow along at: www.naturalstatenomads.com
NaturalStateNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:16 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

We are in Marion, right by West Memphis. But my wife is from Conway and we are there often visiting her family. I would love to come by sometime and see your bus. I just followed you guys on Instagram and it looks great!
Old 08-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: 3126b CAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach21 View Post
We are in Marion, right by West Memphis. But my wife is from Conway and we are there often visiting her family. I would love to come by sometime and see your bus. I just followed you guys on Instagram and it looks great!
Thanks man! I'm game, we'll be here until December 26th then we are hitting the road to live full-time in our bus. DM me on Instagram if you guys are headed to Conway and I'll shoot my # to you so we can get together.

I have a friend who's from Marion. He's a Livingston if you happen to know any of that family out there.

Thanks for the kudos! We have put in a ton of work and are ready to get it on the road.

Follow along at: www.naturalstatenomads.com
NaturalStateNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:02 PM   #8
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: Ward?
Engine: 8.2 liter ?
Rated Cap: 24 Passenger
Another Arkansas here!

My wife and I live in Fairfield Bay! About an hour north of Conway. I'm about 10 months into my conversion. Going slow but trying to do it right. Can't wait to get on the road. Would love to meet others in the area.

We have a six window short bus. 480 watts of solar. Composting toilet with shower and on-demand propane water heater. 2000 watt pure sine inverter with ac outlets throughout.

Here's a link to build pics (hope the link works):

Regards!

Ross

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...245OHVtMHJCVXM
rossfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:02 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: GMC G3500 Vandura
Engine: V-8 5.7L Gas
Hello!

I'm also from Arkansas! Fayetteville to be exact. Are there any more of us on here??

- Thomas
Thomas1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1985 View Post
Hello!

I'm also from Arkansas! Fayetteville to be exact. Are there any more of us on here??

- Thomas
I'm 90 min away from Fayetteville, in Oklahoma...
But, I'm 15 minutes away from AR/OK state line.

Looking at a place on Friday that's 18 minutes from me now... So, that'll be 3 minutes into Arkansas. (20 acres in the country with FHU)
Old 11-23-2016, 10:41 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Very cool. I'm going to add you guys
Old 11-27-2016, 04:53 PM   #12

Ha! What a cool thread to stumble upon. I'm working on one in Russellville right now. Question: how are you registering your buses? The folks at the revenue office were pretty lost. Do I just tell them it's an RV and leave it at that?
TomEllinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEllinson View Post
Ha! What a cool thread to stumble upon. I'm working on one in Russellville right now. Question: how are you registering your buses? The folks at the revenue office were pretty lost. Do I just tell them it's an RV and leave it at that?
When I first tried National General Insurance was the only one in the country who would and they would only do liability. If you go bother the DMV about it I believe they have specific requirements about having a stove and toilet etc. When National General asked if I was doing modifications myself or if they were being professionally done and I answered honestly even they turned me down. It's best to say as little as possible. RV Insurance would be cheaper but saying it's just a bus that accommodates under 12 people is easier. Anyway, I had better luck going in person where my girlfriend has her homeowners insurance as well as several vehicles. When he searched for E-450 it didn't come up with his computer so he said ".. Have fun with your new van." And listed it as an RV. So in my experience saying you have a vehicle that is a camper that you just take on trips a couple times a year they are more likely to list as a recreational vehicle.

-Thomas
Old 11-28-2016, 09:39 AM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

I have family in Conway and Fayetteville and I am in that area every few months. I would love to see other peoples builds. I post most of my updates on instagram, jeddoeslife.