Well, this evening, my 11yr old niece, my father, and myself all got out there and knocked out the seat removal from the shed bus.
I left the front row on both sides.
I also left the row just forward of the rear wheel humps on both sides.
This gives me 2 large cargo areas, and seating for 3 passengers. The row in front of the wheel humps doesn't have the seat bottoms anymore. The curb side front row is a half-seat, 1 adult, 2 kids.
I was under the shed bus with a 1/2" wrench, using it to keep the nuts from spinning while my niece was inside the bus with the air ratchet undoing the bolts. My father assisted her when it was difficult, and also followed behind yanking the seats loose from the floor. The use of a universal joint for the ratchet was essential! And we didn't get to use the angle grinder even once.
Unfortunately, the dealer I bought from had left several windows open, and the seats have a lot of water damage. I'm sure the floor does too, but I don't care so much about that right now. Anyway, I don't consider any of the seat wood, foam, or coverings to be salvageable. I'm planning to toss the wood, foam, and coverings completely. I'm hanging onto the steel for now though. You just never know when you'll need a steel tube with a flat bracket on the end.
This weekend I'll pull out the steel frames and set them aside, then drive to the dump and dump the misc seat junk, then head to the scale for an empty weight. I do need to add some fuel before I go though. Gonna siphon some of the approximately 45 gallons that are left in the old motorhome and see how that does.
The fuel tank is HUGE. I don't think I'll be filling it any time soon.
Oh, and my niece is addicted to the use of power tools now. More free labor for my conversion!
edit: almost forgot... while I was under there I got to see everything up close and personal.... turns out this bus has 4 wheel disc brakes. Sweet.