Old 01-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #11
Bus Crazy
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Ah, then you could eliminate the curtain and simply use the wall for the front stage
-- hinge the wall along the bottom.
Millicent The Bus - roof raised two feet, toy-hauler tailgate.
Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
Send a message via Yahoo to crispyx
Weekend one

Weather finally allowed us to start work. Heres what we're working with

First was getting it roadworthy. My first drive bringing it home was at night and you could barely see the gauges so I took the panel apart and had to clean all the contacts, now all the lights are working and I found my voltage gauge was stuck, got it working again.

Next we decided to try the highway, we were lucky to get over 45. We took off the breather too check out the carb and the previous owner had replaced the throttle cable but it was not attached right, in the process of testing and getting it back together we managed to break par of the terminating connection that goes to the pedal. Finally we got everything back together and tried the highway again, now we can keep a constant 55-60, we also figured out the throttle lock, looks like that's going to be nice on long trips. It's just a know that pulls out and you turn it to hold it out, it attached to a cable on the gas pedal to hold it down.

Boobzilla at the Wheel

I also finally found the angle grinder We've only got four seats out so far but should be able to clear the rest next weekend.

crispyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #13
Bus Nut
Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
I think a 120 volt pa system off a good pure sine wave geni like a yamaha or honda is the way to go. Car audio is not designed to handle what proper live sound reinforcement is capable of. Also you may be able to plug in directly to a shore line at some of the venues you perform at.

In regards to a show area, why not a flat deck trailer? Your bus would tow a 15-20' flat deck trailer no problem. You could design perminant speaker enclosures (weather resistant) on the trailer. When you arrive, unhook, pull up behind, throw up a backdrop and use your bus as backstage. This would allow you the flexiblility inside the bus for rving, touring and have ample storage space in the rear. It would be water tight, secure and leave plently of room for bunks and such. Trailers can be had at a reasonable price and towing is not difficult. You probably would even feel a difference. Then when you don't need it for performances, just leave it at home.

Either way, it sounds like a fun project.

captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #14
Send a message via Yahoo to crispyx
Ya we've thought about going with the trailer thing but we're running out of space. Our drive already has the bus, a vardo/circus camper, a utility trailer, and a boat. I actually gave consideration to mounting the vardo as a second story to the Bus but that's probably too big of a project and I'm afraid of getting too tall.

Well we got the rest of the seats on the drivers side out and about half the floor bolts on the passenger side. So the next question is, what's the best way to get rid of all these seats?

We also hit a salvage over the weekend, got a nice drivers seat for the bus and we've located some captains chairs that are in good shape at the salvage, just gotta wait for another paycheck to pick them up.

crispyx is offline   Reply With Quote