Weather finally allowed us to start work. Heres what we're working with
First was getting it roadworthy. My first drive bringing it home was at night and you could barely see the gauges so I took the panel apart and had to clean all the contacts, now all the lights are working and I found my voltage gauge was stuck, got it working again.
Next we decided to try the highway, we were lucky to get over 45. We took off the breather too check out the carb and the previous owner had replaced the throttle cable but it was not attached right, in the process of testing and getting it back together we managed to break par of the terminating connection that goes to the pedal. Finally we got everything back together and tried the highway again, now we can keep a constant 55-60, we also figured out the throttle lock, looks like that's going to be nice on long trips. It's just a know that pulls out and you turn it to hold it out, it attached to a cable on the gas pedal to hold it down.
Boobzilla at the Wheel
I also finally found the angle grinder We've only got four seats out so far but should be able to clear the rest next weekend.