Old 12-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #331
Bus Crazy

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Best Home Yet

Luey, I am glad to be able to inspire you.

Lorna, I know that you are perhaps the most prolific poster on this site. Perhaps you can post a photo of yourself sometime so that we may have a pic to put together with your brilliant mind.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #332
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordion
... Lorna, I know that you are perhaps the most prolific poster on this site. Perhaps you can post a photo of yourself sometime so that we may have a pic to put together with your brilliant mind.
Wouldn't want to give you nightmares! I avoid a camera like someone in witness protection.
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #333
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Quote:
... Lorna, I know that you are perhaps the most prolific poster on this site. Perhaps you can post a photo of yourself sometime so that we may have a pic to put together with your brilliant mind.
Wouldn't want to give you nightmares! I avoid a camera like someone in witness protection.
That's too funny. What? Are you like the phantom of the opera?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #334
Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 3208TA Cat 250HP
Rated Cap: 84

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Quote:
That's too funny. What? Are you like the phantom of the opera?
Maybe you ARE in Witness Protection, I mean you are a pretty special person! Thanks for all your posts, definitely good reading ...
thommassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:49 AM   #335
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545

viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #336
Bus Geek

To me... if a picture looks good, it doesn't look like me. If it looks like me, I think the pic is terrible.

I think it may stem back to my childhood. My older sister was my Moms fav. She was a girly girl who didn't get dirty (wierd), did as she was told and didn't talk back to any adult. Took beautiful pics. I attract dirt like a magnet and I am pretty much the opposite of my sister... in every way. My hair always looked like it was a mess. Mom would put curls in our hair. My sister would still have curls for a week (her hair was naturally curly). My straight hair was ... straight after 10 minutes. Barretts and ponytail holders "slithered" out of my hair and were lost forever. I never met a tree that I didn't try to climb. Although Mom didn't mind that so much when we were collecting mangos or coconuts (I was good at climbing coconut palms). I was my Dad's favourite "son". Three thing I did were my dad's proudest moments... first time I beat the snot out of a boy (first grade... he deserved it), First time I caught a gator... I was 8 yo... it was only about 3 ft (fun size) and it was an accident. The gator grabbed the bobber on my fishing pole (cane) and wouldn't let go. Daddy wouldn't let me keep the gator since I had freaked my Mom out just the week before because she found the Glass snake I had. She didn't buy the "It's not really a snake it's a lizard" argument. PROVING it with the encyclopedia just made her mad. The third proudest moment which eclipsed every thing else was I had twins. And they really loved their "Papa".

When we left NC to come out west in 2009, My mom said goodbye to my daughter and ignored me (I was standing right next to her). I've talked to my Mom once since then. A friend was murdered and I called her to see if the local cops were doing anything and to see where the funeral was being held so I could e-mail belated condolences (she didn't even bother to let me know that someone I had known for 45 years and considered almost a brother had been murdered!) Only reason I knew was my younger sister (actually my older sisters kid... long story) e-mailed one of my daughters to let her know AFTER the funeral was held.

I'm sure a shrink would say I have "avoidance" issues. But I still think it's back to my mother in regards to photos. I spent years of listening to "this is a good photo, it doesn't look a thing like you" or "This one is awful... It looks just like you but why didn't you brush your hair before the picture was taken" (or any of a million other old complaints). Besides why should I have a pic taken. I'm 51 now, if anyone in the family wants to know what I look like... all they have to do is go find a pic of any of my female aunts or first cousins and there you are! As for strangers. I am so "AVERAGE" looking that you can pick out any one with similar colouring And I look just like them. Folks all the time think they know me. It's just that I am so average looking that I look like any white middle aged, dark brown/grey haired, overweight woman... with freckles. I am GENERIC! So why bother with pics! As for my kids... right now Stacey looks like I did at 25yo... Anna looks just like my cousin Phyllis when she was 25 yo. ALL the women on my mom's side of the family is like that. We have to look at the dates on the back of pics to figure out who is who. We all look the same. My two girls and their two girl cousins (Which are my first cousins grand kids and first cousins to each other ) all look the same. So much that many folks would see them and think they were either quadruplets (4 of a kind) or sisters born very close together.

I figure I am old enough that I no longer need to stay neat and tidy for a picture and no one wants to see me anyway.

Long answer to a short question. I'm bored today.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #337
Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 3208TA Cat 250HP
Rated Cap: 84

Sooo... Lorna, I will assume (there is that word again) that you are a supermodel and don't want to brag!
Fair enough, this family (skoolies) will just have to use our imagination... Merry Xmas!
thommassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #338
Bus Geek

This is as close as you will get....
My kids (the one with the blonde hair is the one living in the Class C)

This KC,is our last dog. The groomer couldn't get her combed out because her undercoat was matted so badly. So we had her shaved (she was beautiful and you were NOT allowed to laugh at her because it would hurt her feelings) and I put one of my old T-shirts on her to keep her warm one day. I was lucky if she let me take it off her long enough to wash it. She also loved her pink coat. This was taken about two months before she died.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #339
Bus Crazy

Lorna, if you look anything like your daughters, you surely are a pretty woman.

The dog sweater is very nice.What a wonderful doggie parent you are.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #340
Almost There

Year: 1977
Chassis: International Harvester

Accordian- I really enjoyed listening to your music links. And I agree, the electric blanket is a great thing for wintertime. Plus, it promotes snuggling with a SO.

Lorna- KC sounds like our dog Lad. He will dress himself. He loves his leather bomber jacket. We have to plan ahead if we take him anywhere to give him time to calm down once he gets dressed up.
RavensOracle is offline   Reply With Quote