Old 09-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #381
Bus Crazy

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Best Home Yet

Dan, thanks for the compliment. It is indeed a luxury living by myself in a 33 foot long bus. I did design it around my recording studio.

The kitchen is in the rear of the bus, opposite of the bathroom. There is a stove and a double sink. Funny thing is that I have still not hooked up a water system. I do have a propane water heater. That, as well, has not been made to function.

I do not eat much. I usually microwave cans of soup, and have a slice of bread with them.

Shower? What shower? There is room for a shower in the bathroom section. Having lived for a few years on some friend's properties, I am able to use their shower and toilet. I make it worthwhile for them by doing odd jobs for them.

SO! I am just one step away from being a homeless street person. I am OK with that. It has been a long journey in my nomadic lifestyle.

Many people, family included, do not understand my choices. The simple response is that I have no mortgage. I do not have any children to provide for. I have two dogs that need little attention.

To this day, I do not regret living the Nomadic lifestyle. I bet you that I will not find a woman who will be attracted to my way of living. Oh well, at least I won't have to hear "are you coming to bed now?"

I suppose that if I had gotten married and had some children, my life would be very different.

Perhaps I made some stupid choices. However, I have very low overhead now.

I admire people who can be "normal". I do know that the love of a good wife and children is the greatest thing a man can have.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #382
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordion
... I have two dogs that need little attention...
How did you manage that? All my dogs (rescues) have ended up needing lots of attention, they had to sleep in the bed. Then again they had "pets" as well (cats) so I'm not sure if they thought of themselves as "pets". What do I do to my critters?
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #383
Site Team

The most important thing is that "your" happy and your as "normal" as your definition of normal is.....I think we're normal.
Altho I know other people look at us like....why this...why that...well I salute them with a smile and 1 finger.
Live your life as you see fit and as Calvin would say "piss on them"
We are finally down to one payment on "material crap"...then debt free,we have worked hard toward that goal; right now one of us could walk away from our job....and the other can support us(we would have to eat and drink differently tho )
Do you actually get to move around every few years and explore our country?or have you setup temp roots?
.live long and prosper!
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #384
Bus Crazy

Lorna, both of my dogs are rescues. They are old now. They do not demand much. Long gone are the days when my first rescue dog, Buddy, sleeps in my bed. He always pushed me to the edge of the bed. When he chewed up my handmade afghan was when he was banned from sleeping on my bed. Both of my dogs have their own comfy and warm beds now.

Bansil, I do not do much traveling any more. I have driven across the US twelve times. It has always been a beautiful journey. Nowadays, it is an expensive thing to do. I really like where I am, and intend to stay here for a long while. My dogs get to go out when they want. I am on a dirt road with twenty acres for them to roam.

NORMAL? I think that most "normal" people view me as a subversive person. I am glad to be a part of the Skoolie family. As you may know, I have been fulltiming in a variety of vehicles for over thirty years. YAHOO! My house is paid for.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #385
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

You do realize that a sane person in a lunatic asylum is "abnormal". The definition of "normal" is the usual or the average. If everyone else is crazy, they are the "norm". I personally believe everyone else is crazy. Or as my mother would say.... "Everyone but thee and me."

Everyone But Thee and Me by Odgen Nash
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #386
Bus Crazy

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

And my mother would have added "And sometimes I wonder about thee." HA
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #387
Site Team

Normal sucks. Funny thing happened many moons ago. When I started going out with an old GF, I warned her that I wasn't normal. She asked what do you mean you're not normal. I just told her that you've been warned. Later in our relationship, she said, "When you told me you weren't normal, you didn't tell me how not normal you were." I just shrugged and said, "oh, well."

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #388
Bus Crazy

Someday I would like to paint my bus like this. What do you think?

Old 11-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #389
Bus Nut

Well........ You asked....... I like the blue better but like the new design.....

my 2 cents
Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #390
Bus Crazy

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

My response---what are you waiting for? Its bright and cheerful. Like GE, I like the blue and white but the red is way cool Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote