Notching out for screw heads in lumber connectors
She made a liner for this basket, plus a piece of 3" foam in the bottom in a soft pillowcase. New baby's bassinet.
Kitchen walls insulated
Kitchen walls, higher outlet is for oven, lower is for fridge.
We had a leak, so we ended up removing this piece of ceiling, filling in a sizable gap with great stuff, throwing a tarp over the bus. Then we decided to roll on a siliconized roof paint. You'll see how that ended up later...
Sprayed inside the partition walls for the added rigidity and sound-deadening. Much faster than trimming rigid board to fit around wires, also.
Had to be REALLY careful not to nick wires when trimming the foam. This was true for pretty much everything we sprayed though.
Kitchen walls covered on the other side as well.
We knew about this major leak for over a month. We decided to rip up the plywood, fix the leak, and make the driver's compartment/stairwell area a wet zone, with some kind of rubber floor coating. It's still up in the air. This pic also lets you know about our hoarding problem.
These curves were fun. She freehanded some, so some came out looking better than others. We used a template from the front walls for the rest.
Decided to scrub the roof with soap & water before rolling on an elastomeric.
And we've also started sleeping in the bus on certain weekends to save time driving back and forth. We use a little butane camp stove for meals, soups, sandwiches and frozen dinner bags!
This looks comfortable. It is, however, blankets on top of plywood.
Rolling it on went fine....
Then it rained for 5 minutes in the middle of the night. We basically woke up and cried in each others arms at 3am. Then after shivering on blanket plywood for another two hours we decided to check out the damage, and it was as bad as I could have imagined.
We rolled the dice on the weather forecast and lost. Serves us right and we learned our lesson.
Line of white on the ground
Then the next weekend some cold winds blew in from outer space and froze our bus.
The weather was freezing at night and warmer during the day, for about an entire week, and the freeze/thaw cycles accumulated enough water on our metal roof to form little icicles.
Kitchen toe kick, or "ladder"
Sanding all the nasty mold or whatever off the plywood we put up
Testing out our stain. It's darker in person, the pic doesn't represent very well.
Wires all buttoned up and ready for spraying
Made a big ol' mess again
Trying to smooth out the ceiling and fill in the gaps with WoodEpox. Results haven't come in yet. It's like marshmallow clay.
Regular wood filler on the screw holes
So we've had some ups & downs, but I think it's going to start coming together in the weeks ahead. we bought most of our appliances, toilet, fireplace, oven, bathroom sink, batteries, solar panels, some odds and ends... thank you black friday!
My wife has been hard at work designing interior textures, colors & fabrics. We almost have all the upholstry for the front sofas. We're going to try to completely finish the back two bedrooms before we move on to other rooms. Stay tuned. Happy thanksgiving!