Old 08-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #31
Bus Nut

I've added 16 images to the gallery. You can now see the rear deck, the custom greywater tank, propane storage, dinette, bathroom and some other stuff. Check it out!
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #32
Bus Nut

Big Blue is now functional. Not done, but definately usable. Are they ever really done? Anyway, been camping twice now. Having a bathroom and running water are the two single best improvements yet made, especially with three small children. The futon sleeps great, and so do the bunks. Kids LOVE it!!! Electrical system is working perfectly. Back porch is nice to sit on in the evening for a little reading. The 392 is running absolutely great. I still have a list of things to do, but I'll probably not do a lot more this summer since we can comfortably use it now. It's been a year and a half of hard work so far. We'll enjoy it for a while, then I'll jump back in when it cools off a bit. Don't want to get burned out!

Happy bussing
Brad
Old 04-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #33
Bus Nut

Hello everyone, I haven't posted in a while. This site sure is growing!!! Anyway, My wife has decided she want's a trailer. So I am considering selling big blue. I really don't want to, but as we all know, if momma's not happy, noone's happy! It's so hard to put a value on something you have so much work in. I'm putting it up for sale here before I try anywhere else in hopes of finding someone who appreciates the time and effort these conversions take. If I list it elsewhere, I'll give it a coat of paint and finish a few other things in order to try for top dollar. As of now I'll sell it as it sits to give a "skoolie" person a little better deal. Look at the gallery pictures (search Big Blue) I'll sell it with the following new items included:
generator
thetford cassette toilet
invertor
battery charger

I'll also include:
Fridge
microwave
futon
propane heater

My point is....I'm not stripping it and selling someone a shell.
It's perfectly useable!!!!!

If anyone is serious, contact me and we'll talk price, or make a reasonable offer. I'll also trade for a 20-26ft. bumper pull camper. I might even trade for a car or truck I can resell.

Thanks everyone, this site is awesome!

Brad Davis mailto:shellnbrad@tds.net
Old 04-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #34
Bus Nut

I forgot to mention, the bus is in Amo Indiana (30 miles west of downtown Indy) I would be glad to meet with someone here and take as long as you need to show the bus, demonstrate the systems, and explain all of the work done.
Thanks,
Brad
Old 05-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #35
Bus Nut

Well folks, I've done what I said I'd never do. I have sold Big Blue. It is now the child of a nice gentleman named Dave. It will be on it's way to Iowa tomorrow. I was extremely apprehensive as to what type of buyer I may encounter when I posted this for sale, but I think Dave is the perfect skoolie owner. I couldn't have found a better person to pass her on to. Hopefully he will keep us posted on Blue's adventures. However, I have already started the hunt for a flat front deisel. I can't stand the thought of no bus. As soon as I get through the downtime from upcoming knee surgery. I'll be back at it. Thanks for everyones advice and information, this site was instrumental in the build. Now.......let's do it again!!!!!!!

P.S. Dave if you read this, I hope you and sis had a great trip home!
Good luck.
Brad
Old 05-29-2007, 12:15 AM   #36

Send a message via AIM to DimJim
I'm the proud owner of Big Blue!

Well I'm the guy that bought Big Blue! My name is Dave and I'm pretty pumped up about the many adventures that I have planned with the bus. The bus is located in Des Moines, IA (yes, ANOTHER one!) and will be headed to Tennessee to the Bonnaroo music festival in a couple weeks. I'll try to keep everybody (and especially Brad & his family) posted on the progress and adventures.

DimJim is offline   Reply With Quote