Muah-ha-ha! The bus is now officially chopped! No going back now! I upgraded my plasma machine holder for the project. Ratchet strapped her ass down. The mig cart I ordered for the plasma still isn't here yet.
First I cut the back wall into sections. I'm going to reassemble (I use that term loosely) them under the "tunnel" the nose of the Jeep will sit in. That will make my back wall for the RV section.
Cut off the chair rail where the body will no longer be shortly:
Then I started cutting off the last 5 or so feet. If I had the right speed, it cut very cleanly. But, if I went too fast/slow, or if I had to do weird angles and really overlapped or hollow pieces it got a little wonky. I'm sure the paint/body seam sealer/rust doesn't help, lol.
Once I had cut along the rib and finished the trim pieces from the outside, it was time to yank it off! Used the winch on the Jeep to pull it AWAY from the garage.
Small snag, one rib still hung up.
There we go!
Gonna have to move this before the boss comes home...
For the rear pieces I had to recruit some help to make sure I didn't break the windows that I'll be re-using.
Consumables are pretty much done. Not bad for all the abuse I put them through today. Hole on tip is definitely wider, but for the type of work I've been doing, not really a problem. I could probably cut another bus in half and not notice. Might want to change it for precision cuts on clean steel. The bus had lots of body sealer, paint, crappy metal, gaps, etc. I think she done well.
Next step is math. Ugh...