Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #181
Skoolie

Year: 85
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Gas
Rated Cap: 66
Re: Bike For The Light Skoolie

So I dont have any pics. I have been working so hard and long to finish her up by Monday that I haven't taken time to take pics. I will try to today. Tons has gotten done, and I am about to head back over to Gracey to keep working. I have finished the interior paint, carpet, trim work, put in a new race seat for the driver, and back up camera. Tons more to do. Will try and post pics soon. Got 48 hours to finish up. Crazy.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #182
Bus Nut

Smitty, there is alot of money to be made from Teasing...

Hair Salons. Strip Clubs. I know I'm forgetting one... ^.^
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #183
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
OK....been 2 months since Johnny's logged-in, what's the deal J? Did you tie the knot & she put the smack-down on ya?

Remember..................... "Yes Dear"

Smitty
He's on the road. Remember he was saying that he only had a few days to get the paint on before he had to head out for a few months? I sure hope things are going well. Good luck Johnny!!!
jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #184
Bus Nut

THey are, He had a problem with an oil pan leaking or something, but he got it fixed... He makes updates on what he is currently doing on Facebook.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:42 AM   #185
Bus Nut

I would bet that he is doing it from his phone. Takes less than a minute... But I will ridicule him when next I see one of his posts if you want.

*edit I just found a posting of his and added "Go update your Skoolie Thread. Smitty is getting restless!!!" just for Smitty
Old 05-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #186
Skoolie

Haha Smitty. Well sorry I havent updated in forever. I am on the road in the bus right now. Have been for about 2 months now. Currently in Clarksville, TN. We got here just in time for the flooding and got stuck till today. I am riding up to Elizabethtown, KY today. Gonna be fun. Been living in the bus for the last 2 months and its working out great. Finally got the A/C installed and it working through that duct work. It works awesome. I got the hyper efficient Coleman Power Saver Mach 1. Its a 12,000 btu unit that has the power consumption of an 8,000 btu unit. Really cools great, even on really hot days. And having the power save model lets us plug into regular 110 outlets every night without any issues. We had some engine issues last week. Put in new plugs and wires, filters, oil change. Just a good tune up. The oil pan drain plug started leaking after I was done. Realized there was a small crack under the plug. It was super small, just let a drip of a leak. So I tried to put in a double oversize drain plug, but it didnt work. Eventually I had to jb weld the crap out of it. Its been holding for about 3 weeks fine though, so no problems to be seen now. All in all the bus is a great place to live while I am on the road. I am really happy with it.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #187
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas

Woot sounds all good now. Thanks for the update. That Mach is rather tempting.
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #188
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545

What, no pics?! We want road pics!! Come on man, throw us a bone!
viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #189
Skoolie

So I have been gone. I actually have posted a couple times since the last one showing, but for some reason they have been deleted. So anyways. The tour went awesome. Also got married a couple months ago and its awesome. Gracey worked great for the tour. But now I have a new house and so Gracey is up for sale. I have her on craigslist. I think I enjoy building em more than keeping em. Haha. I'll post it up in the classifieds so if any of you know someone let me know. Here is the link to the ad:
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/rvs/2144091533.html

Now on to a ton of pictures that I never seemed to post of the finished product. Hope you like em all.

Here is the cockpit. Nice seat huh?

Here is the backup camera monitor.

Living room looking into the two bedrooms.

Freezer that is being used as a fridge.

The A/C controller built into the duct work. There are 8 air registers. 4 in the living room and 2 in each bedroom.

Kitchen sink. Its a pump faucet that requires no electricity. I have two large water containers inside the bus under the cabinets. One for fresh water and one for drain. Keeping them inside helped them to never freeze. Worked great.

Rubbermaid drawers mounted in the big cabinets to make organization easier.

Two sliding doors for the bedrooms.

One of the two identical bedrooms. That is a regular twin mattress. Plenty of room.

You can see the A/C registers and lights above the bed here.

View from the bed looking forward. Both bedrooms have large 5 drawer file cabinets. Great storage. Huge drawers with tons of space. The best part is every drawer has a thumb latch so they don't open while driving.

Both beds have large hinged openings for a ton of storage under the mattress.

View of the second bedroom. Same size and outfitted with the same amenities.

A view of the living room/kitchen cabinets looking forward.

Flat screen tv mount and center speaker from the surround sound.

Cabinets on the side of the couch. There are lights mounted on both of the couch side cabinets and run through a switch by the door. Great indirect lighting while watching tv, and good light for the stairway.

Rear garage area. It has racks built in it right now to hold 18 gallon rubbermaid containers. Will hold 16 of them and still gives you plenty of floor space.

This is the power converter charger mounted.

This is a transfer switch that is mounted but not wired in. I never got my generator so I never needed it. A great thing to have when you get one though.

Hanging clothes rack in the garage area in the back and some drawer units for tool storage.

Brand new Coleman Mach 1 PS mounted. Uses next to no power and runs like a champ. Freeze ya out if you let it go. Kept up with the summer in Florida so it is plenty to keep you cool.

Finished paint job and the vinyl logos.

Some crazy lady looking at the bus. It definitely draws attention.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #190
Skoolie

Well I am actually already looking for another one. One that suits the needs I have now better. Prob a little smaller one that would accommodate a full bathroom and one bedroom and not quite as much storage. I know that seems weird because everyone wants more storage, but I have waaaaay too much storage in Gracey. Now that I have done one conversion I would like to do another. I like building em. I am getting into cabinet building now at home, so I would love to set it up with full custom cabinets on the next one.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #191
Bus Nut

Wonder if they do that for LED. I paid $14 for a dimmable LED bulb for a 120v lamp. Yeah, LED is still expensive but the power drain is sooooo much less.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #192
Skoolie

What are you talking about LED's? Haha....I think you posted on the wrong thread or something.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #193
Bus Nut

lol yup