Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #1

Year: 1995
Born2play

Hello Everyone! Emily and I have been on this site for some time now. First looking and dreaming and now,posting pics and building a Skoolie.Our bus is called Born2play. We love to 4x4, dirt bike, race RC cars, Fly RC airplanes and helis, and also write and play music. It did'nt take us long to think up the name. Emilys' had the( build a bus) dream for many years. She talked about it all the time, how she could do this and do that.I told her lets just buy a camper and be done, well she wasn't having none of that nonsense. "It's not a bus she said" One day she found this site and started showing me all the things everyone has done. Well heck, I love to build too so I figured why not? That sent me on the hunt for the bus. I found a 95 ford, full size Carpenter body with the Cummins and Allison automatic. We purchased it late last fall of 09 and started on the build this spring. All is going well but there are many many learning curves to say the least. I have a small fab shop in my barn so I'm always stocking up on free stuff. All of that free material has come in really handy since we got the bus. Anyway Emily and I ( Mike) will be posting updates as we go along. It seems that doing the pictures on this site is keeping us going and gives us something to shoot for. BTW It's really cool to have this site at our bus building disposal, so so handy.

mikeandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Bluebird tc2000
Chassis: 3401-3502 ???
Engine: cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Born2play

yeah welcome... cant wait to see your progress
cheezypsnookle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr LuLu
Hi and welcome! Im jealous... your own fab shop in your barn... gotta be nice to have access to that! looking forward to pictures.
Yes it's very handy to say the least. My barn is 72X48 and when I built it I had full intentions of being able to get Big trucks in it. My fab work mainly consists of motorcycle and 4x4 aftermarket parts but I also do work on Dump trucks, cars and other things as well. It worked out pretty well being able to get the bus indoors for sure.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #4

Thanks for the welcome! We worked a little more on the kitchen and are pleased w/ the results. I am extremely happy w/ how the metallic tile backsplash turned out! My initial attempt at installing tile was not "up to par", so Mike had to pry more than half the tile off (we were surprised by how strong the little pieces of double sided sticky tape were that holds the tile on!). He relaid the tile evenly, just like a pro- my hero!! - Emily

Attached Thumbnails
kitchen10 003.JPG   kitchen10 005.JPG  
Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas

Looking good! What is the psg count btw?
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #6

I'm assuming psg means passenger so it has a 66 passenger capacity. If psg means somethingelse let me know

Emily
Old 07-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr LuLu
wow! am totally impressed by the tiling in your kitchen. for a second it didn't even look like a skoolie!
Thanks! We hope to work on it again soon and have more pics.