Old 01-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #191
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: International Navistar DT360
Rated Cap: 60
Yeah I thought we were going to "Sunny Florida." It's been raining since the moment we got into the state, about a month ago!
Old 06-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #192
Bus Nut

It's been a long time since I've posted on here! Since March, Haulin' Oats has been parked at home in North Carolina while we did some repairs, upgrades, and recouped funds. After a few months of work we're ready to head back out on the road again after this weekend. I just looked for the photos I have of our amazing folding passenger seat, but I guess I haven't put them into the computer yet. Our next adventure is a stop at the Wickerman festival in PA on June 9th (it's a mini- Burning Man), and then we've procured a paid workamping job for the summer in California at Pillsbury Lake. There we'll stay until October, then head back up to Drayton, ND, for the sugar beet harvest. Immediately after that is the peak season at Amazon's shipping facility. Come Christmas I do believe we'll have enough money to go anywhere we want next year!

Oh, also, Rosie the goat is pregnant. She's due in July, and I'll have all the goat's milk I could ever wish for. Dan won't drink it; he says he feels uncomfortable about it because he's friends with the goat. Anybody want a baby goat?!?!
Old 06-02-2016, 12:00 AM   #193
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Naaaaahhhh........ LOL
Old 06-02-2016, 06:39 AM   #194
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by onenationundergoat View Post
It's been a long time since I've posted on here! Since March, Haulin' Oats has been parked at home in North Carolina while we did some repairs, upgrades, and recouped funds. After a few months of work we're ready to head back out on the road again after this weekend. I just looked for the photos I have of our amazing folding passenger seat, but I guess I haven't put them into the computer yet. Our next adventure is a stop at the Wickerman festival in PA on June 9th (it's a mini- Burning Man), and then we've procured a paid workamping job for the summer in California at Pillsbury Lake. There we'll stay until October, then head back up to Drayton, ND, for the sugar beet harvest. Immediately after that is the peak season at Amazon's shipping facility. Come Christmas I do believe we'll have enough money to go anywhere we want next year!

Oh, also, Rosie the goat is pregnant. She's due in July, and I'll have all the goat's milk I could ever wish for. Dan won't drink it; he says he feels uncomfortable about it because he's friends with the goat. Anybody want a baby goat?!?!
Glad to see an update, Fred!
You n Dan are great and its nice to see yall still living your dream. Keep it up.

And yeah- show these folks your folding passenger seat and holding tanks!!
Old 07-13-2016, 02:35 AM   #195
Bus Nut

Rosie had her babies today!

They don't have names yet. The tan one is a BIG boy and the black one is a TEENY girl.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #196
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Looks like the boy wants to nibble on the girl's ear.... NAAHHHHH
Old 07-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #197
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenationundergoat View Post
Rosie had her babies today!

They don't have names yet. The tan one is a BIG boy and the black one is a TEENY girl.
Awwwww
Hows Rosy doin? Our animal family continues to grow, as well.
We actually just rescued a dog from out at John's property.

Lots of folks have asked about your tanks lately- could you post some pics?
Old 07-17-2016, 11:31 PM   #198
Bus Nut

Ok here are finally some pictures of our passenger seat. Juno is a lovely model.

It sits over the exit steps.

Then it folds up out of the way beside the engine doghouse.

The base on it is sheet metal built into a box.

And the bottom of the seat is a frame the allows it to slide left and right and forward and backward so we can tuck it into the corner. It came with the part. Got the seat and the frame and the seat belt assembly from a pull-a-part from a Mazda MPV minivan for twenty bucks. The seat comes with the buckle built in, and also a pull-out cupholder!

My dad welded those two legs onto the frame and attached them to a piano hinge on the box. Then when it swings down those legs made of square steel tubing fit down over threaded bolts that are built into an anchoring frame.

The seatbelt is anchored to a piece of angle iron that is bolted to the bus frame.

It's very convenient when you have a bus if you also have a father who is a mechanical engineer. He's a genius. I told him everybody's gonna want one of these!
Old 07-18-2016, 06:11 AM   #199
Bus Geek

I love that seat!
Old 07-18-2016, 08:30 AM   #200
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Mighty clever use of that space! Maybe the best I have seen for a co-pilots seat. Congrats on a great job!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote