Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #161
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roci View Post
No her bath chair has a big foot print.
I really looked at the bathroom especially the toilet in a completely different way. Bath benches, bath seats, toilet seats Etc are all designed to adapt to a standard toilet. Rethink what she needs first. You adapt to what she needs instead.

Disbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #162
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbus View Post
The lift has a big foot print? Or the wheelchair? I cut the side of my lift out so if I can get it on the ground I can get on and off the lift.
How about more description or a photo if possible.
Thanks

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #163
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All-American flat face
I use a wheelchair, have a 2001 BlueBird with a Braun lift. I also cut away the side of my lift.

Important considerations:
1. Figure out which side of the lift the connector (usually a chain) to the end-of-lift flap runs along.
2. Do NOT cut away on the side with the connector to the end-of-lift flap. On Braun lifts only one side of the lift has a connector (usually a chain) that goes from the base inside the bus out to the end-of-lift flap.
3. Measure the width of the wheelchair (mine is 25 inches).
4. From the front end of the lift (nearest the flap) cut away the width of the wheelchair plus 1-2 more inches.

I am attaching 2 photos showing what I mean. The yellow line in the second photo shows where we used the angle grinder to remove part of the side of the lift.

Why remove the side? Many times it is impossible to get off the lift because the lift flap won't go down. Something as simple as a small pebble can prevent the flap. They build these lifts with the assumption that they will only be used on concrete surfaces never on uneven ground.

Many of us take away part of the side of the lift so we can get on and off the lift even when the flap doesn't go down.
Attached Thumbnails
lift cut away before 1.jpg   lift cut away after.jpg  
CorbettO is offline   Reply With Quote

« Blue bus #7 | #27 »