Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #81
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: New Flyer
Chassis: D45HF "Viking"
Engine: 11.1L Detroit Diesel S60
Rated Cap: 51,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerbob View Post
Ah, someone else that plugged electrolytics into power strips and launched them across the room. Better still is charging one, "here, hold this".

When buying a bus that has two different brands of batteries and two vastly different dates on them, I can see what you've mentioned happening without isolators. Two batteries out of the same manufacture batch tho... Again, I haven't looked into electrical for a bus yet but I wouldn't go out of my way to do anything special with them. Now if the solar system comes with an isolator, or they are the next aisle over and stupid cheap, then why not?

I've also not priced bus batteries. I suspect they are more than car batteries but about the same as marine. Is this the case?
Ahh, electrolytics, really brings back memories.... In a lot of ways better than M80 fireworks....

As for batteries - the closer in age and manufacturing date, the better (especially if they are from the same lot). However, even inside a particular lot batteries can vary greatly. If someone is intent on connecting batteries in parallel, then they are going to do it no matter what anyone else says. It'll work just fine short-term. However, long-term you will be slowing destroying the stronger battery. It can't be helped.

For me, I'm going to go get a bigger battery....

MarkyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #82
Mini-Skoolie

The couch is coming along we are shooting to have the wood and metal done this weekend. The springs and cushions Will come later

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
kflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #83
Bus Nut

Any updates on this build? I know you’re on here, kfkowers!
TheArgobus is offline   Reply With Quote