Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas? Safe-t-liner
Engine: 6bta5.9
Rated Cap: 78
Re: Bus funds have arrived.

well i have found that i did just what you have suggested and i found in fact that an 89 dodge 250? or 2500? whatever has the 5.9 filters fit on my 90 thomas with the 545 and a 6bta which is the engine code. poke around on the engine, transmission, differential, turbo, injection pump, and mfg id tag above the drivers window. then write down all the numbers and what they are such as (Engine Id#: 6bta) which will tell the mecanic or salesman which specific cummins engine you have, that it is a six cylynder B series, turbo-charged, and after cooled.
hope this helps and if you send me that info i will send you the specs or if you ask nice i could email you a scan of the operators manual i found at the bus lot when i was buying my bus.
if you want to buy a bluebird body and controls owners manual i can tell you about that one and send it to you for pretty cheap, ( a couple of dollars for ship[ping and a coffee for me)
i picked up the tc2000 owners manual and then bought an MVP safe-t-liner.

rjz5400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
Skoolie

also you are correct i do not " Wok" on my bus because i am not and asian chef, so far i only sweat, cry bleed, and drink red bulls on my bus but no Wokin'
but be certain if my bus is a Wokin then don't you come a Knockin'!!!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
Skoolie

i am sending positive driving energy at you because you may be on the side of the road wondering what that buzzing noise is or how to open the fuel door or something, { you will figure it out and keep moving the skoolie home}
hehehehehe
Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas Transit Liner
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 3208 Turbo

Ah the hood ornament is awesome - Adds so much charactor!
Nice bus you got - have fun with her!
ezbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
Bus Nut

DIABLO! Perfect name! Now just convincing the wife, huh...
Old 07-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSmashy
The skull is actually sheet metal with a copper finish applied and sealed with a heavy polyurethane coating. Its from a local artisans shop near us. I still need to wire up some lighting for it. We're thinking a couple of small spots (probably license plate style lights) and figuring out a way to give it red glowing eyes.

As for the bus name, we have already dubbed it Charon after the Ferryman on the River Styx since our long running phrase has been "We're all going to Hell and I'm driving the bus!" Well, now we have the bus.
You can't beat Red LED Lights for the eyes...
Old 07-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 93
Chassis: ?
Engine: 5.9 Cummins

I have all the filter numbers in the Carquest brand. If you give me a week I will have, I believe, baldwin numbers too, if you still need them. Based on the research I did five gallons is your number....for both tranny and engine. Let me know and I will track the numbers down.

I picked my bus up in Terrell. Probably drove right by you taking it home. It will be seen in Ft. Worth twice a year too.

S
swhite832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Quote:
Right behind the tires on that side is the 7 gallon fuel tank for the generator... so that could have been fun...
I know you're breathing a big sigh of relief right now, but eventually you'll run across a situation that could result in a blowout. For your peace of mind, you might want to build some kind of shield between those two tires and the fuel tank. That way if the worst does happen (a tire blowout), it doesn't result in worse damage.

And on the same thought, it might be worth making sure all the other wheel well areas are shielded as well, just in case.

just my 2 cents worth,
jim
baadpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by baadpuppy
Quote:
Right behind the tires on that side is the 7 gallon fuel tank for the generator... so that could have been fun...
I know you're breathing a big sigh of relief right now, but eventually you'll run across a situation that could result in a blowout. For your peace of mind, you might want to build some kind of shield between those two tires and the fuel tank. That way if the worst does happen (a tire blowout), it doesn't result in worse damage.

And on the same thought, it might be worth making sure all the other wheel well areas are shielded as well, just in case.

just my 2 cents worth,
jim
yes i agree with badpuppy! and i would use 1/4 thick steel cause i have 1/8 and a tire riped it up and be shere and brace it good or it will just tare it out.

camo-monster

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote