Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 370
Rated Cap: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapeer20m
I think you should keep the rear heater! Even if you move it and mount it somewhere else. Engine heat is free as long as you're driving. IF you ever have overheating problems, you can also use the bus heaters to cool the motor.
I agree w/ lapeer, If my rear heater wasn't such a piece of crap, i would have found a way to keep it. But i was in a hurry and cut it out fast. If you can design your interior around it, keep it in there for heat while driving down the road.

Plotting the next project now. Looking for a clean diesel pusher with low rust/miles. Identical plans with plumming and biodiesel added :)
dammitAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:30 AM   #22
Skoolie

Well, I thought about leaving it but its so freakin' loud! I mean its like white noise generator loud. In the back you can barely hear the engine up front.
actually all the heaters sound like that...
----------------
1990 International Ward Volunteer "Fantastic Voyage"
pangaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #23
Skoolie

Argh! I did not get the flooring done like I'd hope! Stupid rear heater was harder to take out than I had thought and the last remaining seat frame I needed the grinder so there was a lot of back and forth to the garage. Some coolant drained on to the floor which is ok since that shiz is staying right were it is. The screws are like frozen into the rubber which is taking a lot of time just to remove one or two at a time. I"ve decided that it isn't that important I have the rubber up and will leave it down.

Also I managed to make an electrical phopa but I'll ask in another part of the forum. Let's just say that I removed the stop sign as it was waving to people whenever I turned the right signal on.

So today after many a frustrating start stop but a find time painting the future countertop, I did get one plywood panel down. Sweet!
----------------
Old 05-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #24
Skoolie

music makes the people...

This is a cool way to keep a journal on what I am doing with TCD. Actually its one of two journals where my project is noted.

Anyway, since the last seat is out and the floor is just days from being completed I'm having to put a rush on some items I need. This month I call it rush week. I'll keep the bus home a lot more than before and leave the cordless tools in my truck so I can work on putting together the brackets for the fresh & black water tanks. My goal of course is to have at least 60 to 80% done before the Haight/Asbury street fair in June.
The gallery is becoming an interesting way to study other's mounting techniques. I'd like a book shelf in my bed room but maybe one in the front would be nice too. TCD doesn't really need a tv but I want a slammin' sound system as music is my addiction on the road.

Will have to check out satallite music systems like XM or Sirius.
----------------
Old 05-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #25
Bus Geek

I have not compared the two satelite radio systems, but I love my XM radio!

Don't leave home without it!

They did raise the price a couple $$ per month though. I think it's 11.99 or 12.99 per month now.

I've had xm for about 9 months so far.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:17 PM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

What do you have planned for a sound system? We are putting the Sony system from my fiancee's car that we are selling in the bus
Sony CD/MP3/Remote control HU
Sony 3 way 6X9's
2X Sony 10" Subs with Pioneer amp
XM2GO Xm radio

I plan on adding some more speakers for full range but hopefully this will be good for cruising

~B~
1979GMC6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #27
Bus Geek

I have a cheap cd/mp3/fm stereo that i installed with 6 speakers. It has rca inputs for the XM. (My xm also has wireless fm, but rca gives better sound)

I also have a 110 volt pioneer dolby digital surround system i bought for cheap at a garage sale. This runs 6 more speakers, including a pair of subwoofers.

The pioneer is also connected to xm via my 12volt stereo.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #28
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
My bus has a FM/CD Player in the dash hooked up to two 6x9s in the front. Then an RCA cable runs back to a 300W amp hooked to a couple Bose Lineam tweeters and mids, and to two 15" subs and two horn tweeter.

The 15" subs make the bus's sheetmetal shake on the outside just like a large install into someones truck will do.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #29
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 370
Rated Cap: 44
HA! Awesome guys... I have been collecting factory car speakers from my buddy's body shop to install up and down the ceiling, with a couple 6x9's in the front and rear. I have also recently accuired 2 very large home entertainment speakers, 12" or 15", i dont know, havnt taken the cover off yet.

If you have seen my floor plans... I am planing on installing these speakers in the couch. But I may not have enough air to them, or blast room in front of them as well. My audio expert is going to advise me on that when I get the furnature done.

My plan is to have a computer run most of my entertainment while parked, and an in-dash cd player while driving. I'll prolly have to pick up an old receiver to bring everything into, but I'm not their yet.

One cool thing my audio expert, my buddy brad, told me I should do is to install exterior audio jacks at the front and rear of the bus, on the outside. This way, I can plug in exterior speakers at whatever event I may be at, and blast the Race, Game, Music, etc...

Plotting the next project now. Looking for a clean diesel pusher with low rust/miles. Identical plans with plumming and biodiesel added :)
dammitAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:15 AM   #30
Skoolie

XM radio eh? How good is that?

Well...believe it or not I got the damn break lights working again and the turn signals. They won't come on when the headlight switch is on which isn't a biggie so long as the essential lights work.

I just traced where each break/signal/reverse light went and viola! Sort of..turns out several wires are numbered the same but I got the general idea of what needed to go where. Will be replacing another board in the floor tomorrow as it too is warped. Wll repair the damage tomorrow and earily as it got very hot here-too hot to work on the bus! If that is hot wonder what burning man heat is like. But again, I ain't agoing to BM to hid in the bus all day...just part of it *g*

You should see it with the curtains temporarily up--straight outta woodstock I LOVE IT!
----------------