Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: International dt466
Rated Cap: 66
Bus Named Lucy

Heres the Bus I just got and am starting to work on.
!981 Bluebird with Dt466
66 passenger I have 26ft 6in x 7ft 7in of interior living space
Floor plans to come soon
Attached Images

kwest48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Bus to Be Named,

Having the seats already and out and its already registered as in rv. These two hassles really helped to persuade me with this bus.
Im ripping out the floor today, then I should be cleaning and patching the seat holes today and tomorrow
Old 09-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Kwest Bluebird

Finally got the floor painted and got most of the peeling paint of the inside walls. I know we got some paint on the walls but thats all gonna be covered with the flooring and carpeting. This weekend we are going to get insulation and plywood laid for the floors and hopefully get padding and carpet ready also.

Right now I am trying to figure out what kind of insulation to use under the floor? I have seen alot of people use the foam board insulation but i feel like that what break up and deteriorate from the vibrations.

Has anyone but alot of miles on a bus with this foam board insulation had any problems with it??

Once we have the floor done we are going to make a mock up interior to see how we like our floor plan. I will post that very soon also

Me and my girlfriend have also been looking for traveling and seasonal jobs so that we can travel and move as much as possible and still make money.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Kwest Bluebird

This is an idea for the interior. left is the front. It would have two captains in front behind the driver seat. the chairs would be on a swivel. Then we would have a couch on one side and a fold down dinette on the other. Next comes the kitchen area, we would have a under the counter fridge. that leads to the bathroom and closet area, and finally back to the bedroom which would have a queen sized bed and storage underneath.
The bathroom would be just behind the wheel well so i dont see that being a problem.

Let me know if you see any problems, I would rather have someone point them out now then find them myself when building
Attached Thumbnails
bus idea.png  
Old 09-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Bus Named Lucy

Hey if I were you I would check out the Wisconsin Dells. They have so many part time/seasonal summer jobs people come from other countries to work there.

Another thing you could look into is becoming a nurse and being a travelign nurse. You could goto a different job every week if you wanted.

I work in WI all summer while I race and when racing is done I get a job down in FLA.
newtoskool is offline   Reply With Quote