After deciding the height I wanted to make the bed, I built a short wall to separate the bedroom area from the underbed storage, as well as to provide space to run the pex water pipes and the 3" ducting for the heat duct in the bathroom. I layer down a 2x4 footer and attached 1/2" plywood to make the short wall, which ended up at about 15" high. Then after running the water pipes and securing them down, I built a bed frame out of 2x6 spruce, 2x2's and 1/2" plywood. This was then attached to the outer wall through the metal ribs and to the wall studs of the bathroom. The corner nearest the front is allowed to 'float' giving it a unique look, yet it is as strong as a deck! I have no doubt that this will hold the weight and remain very solid. It also allows us space to tuck stuff under the bed from the inside while keeping our rear storage separate and out of sight. Here's a pic.
After going to a few carpet stores looking for a piece of good carpet that is about 5' x 6', and being told that they don't keep small pieces, or they make area rugs out of the leftovers, I waited until after hours and went 'dumpster diving' in the bin behind one of the shops and scored a nice piece of carpet and a big piece of underlay. Now that is the right price for carpeting the bedroom!
Here's a pic with the underlay down, carpet is to go in tomorrow.
The one thing I am glad of, is that I didn't put the carpet down before testing the water pipes for leaks.
Yesterday I completed the sink install, hooked up the shower, and checked all the connecting parts to make sure they are tight. Then I hooked up the hose, forgot the pressure regulator, and turned on the tap. I went inside the bus, everything looked good, checked the water pump connections, no leaks, no leaks up front, but also no water coming through the kitchen sink.
Then I looked back and saw a waterfall flooding the back of the bus! I quickly turned off the water, threw down some towels and quickly grabbed my drill and punched a hole through the floor to drain the water before it got under my new laminate flooring I just put in up front. When I originally ran pipe, I ran pex throughout, but then realized that behind the fridge is exposed to outside air, and light, bad for pex. So I ran copper pipe behind the fridge and used copper to pex fittings to tie them together. What I forgot to do was tie them together! I had an open ended copper pipe with a pex fitting on the end directly connected to my full pressure water source shooting water back towards the bathroom while I was checking the front half of the bus!
Oops. Well its cleaned up now, and no leaks at any connection that I actually remembered to make!
Now the carpet can go in.