Old 03-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #51
Almost There

Re: Chandlers skoolie

well its been a little while, i have a few updates. The dinette table is installed and attached to the wall. All of the wood paneling on the walls is up and it looks real good. I have all of the styrofoam insulation cut for the floor and am almost finished with putting the tack strips for the carpet in. I might be getting the carpet on sunday, not sure yet. Ill take some pictures this weekend and put them up.
thechandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #52
Almost There

Old 04-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #53
Almost There

yeah thats the counter top. those cabinets are now cut to the right depth to match that slab.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #54
Almost There

So I think Im finally ready to paint the bus. I bought a bunch of scotch bright pads for scuffing, tack clothes, a cheap $15 spray gun from harbor freight and paint. I got rustoleum paint, from what ive read it will stick to pretty much anything and its hard to screw up. I got white for the roof, and hunter green for the rest of the body. I plan to pressure was the bus with a cleaning solution, then let it dry, scuff all the paint with the scotch brights. Im not going to use primer, unless anybody on here can persuade me to use it. Ill try to post pics this weekend of the process. Any advise greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #55
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechandler
So I think Im finally ready to paint the bus. I bought a bunch of scotch bright pads for scuffing, tack clothes, a cheap $15 spray gun from harbor freight and paint. I got rustoleum paint, from what ive read it will stick to pretty much anything and its hard to screw up. I got white for the roof, and hunter green for the rest of the body. I plan to pressure was the bus with a cleaning solution, then let it dry, scuff all the paint with the scotch brights. Im not going to use primer, unless anybody on here can persuade me to use it. Ill try to post pics this weekend of the process. Any advise greatly appreciated.
Rustoleum works without primer. Just scuff up the yellow really well first so it sticks. You may need to do a couple coats to keep the yellow from bleeding through unless you prime first, but you can just use your first coat as primer. Follow the directions on the can concerning recoat times and such... Don't forget the pics!
jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 AM   #56
Almost There

well its 1am and i just got the bus home. I drove it here from about 4 miles away at my friends house where i have been doing the majority of the work to it. I brought it homw to have sufficient water and air pressure to paint it. It was my first time driving the beast- holy ****! these things are absolute tanks. the brakes were surprisingly good and the handling was much better than i had expected. Im going to start nice and early tomorow and try to get the roof scuffed and painted. Ill be sure to document the process well with tons of pics.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #57
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48

Good luck with the painting. Can't wait to see the pics. And when you are up there sanding your ass off, just think of it as a rite of passage. Or something like that. It seems to make the job easier.
jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #58
Almost There

I have a white roof! My $15 harbor freight spray gun is mint, and the rustoleum worked great too.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #59
Almost There

Well I finally got insurance Ill post this here and in the insurance thread. I searched online for and insurance broker and found Anne Marie Labonte. Her email is amlabonte.isyouragent@gmail.com. She worked really hard for me and got me insurance for $250 a year, pretty great considering my quote from GMAC was $1200 ( Im 18 I wonder if that has something to do with it). Anyway She ended getting me insurance through some assigned risk program or something, I think its ment for drivers with bad credit or a bad driving record. She asked me to post her information up here because she said she would be happy to find insurance for more bus conversions. Well now i can finally register the bus, hopefully this or next week!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #60
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 93
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: IHC DTA360, 190 hp
Rated Cap: 71
Send a message via AIM to grnthmb55

Good luck with it, but I'm 27 and I've held my class B CDL for 8 years, and I'm paying about $1200 a year for insurance on my bus.
grnthmb55 is offline   Reply With Quote