Roof Raise was a success!
Added a couple extra supports to the scaffolding rig method. Screwed in a couple pieces of 2x4's on either side of the scaffolding posts to humor my friends helping me raise it. I also reset the jacks after only a few inches so I didn't have to worry about it while it was higher up.
I decided to nix the supports on the bottom that nat used, nobody felt it was necessary. I used self tapping screws to clamp together the hat channels to the ribs and I will bolt them later this week.
We used a sawsall for the cuts, went through 3 blades. As you can see, the roof didn't separate at all when we made the cut!
I had 5 guys total, including myself. Four of us manned the jacks and one of us stood outside and watched the supports to be sure everything was going smoothly. We raised it all at once, 5 full turns (1/2 turn equals about 1/4") and then measured to make sure we were even. We tried going to 10 turns at a time but we came into some problems with the jacks starting to turn because some were faster than others at jacking.
All in all we did a 17 inch raise, 3 inches lower than I originally intended.
The most I've ever built in my life was a desk, so having almost no experience in building I would STRONGLY recommend raising your roof. It was not difficult at all with this method. Removing the seat bolts from the wall was more frustrating by far. It's a scary process that kept me up at night, but in practice it couldn't have been simpler. I have to compliment Nat on his scaffolding method, it's incredibly easy to setup (even for one person, I build the rig alone the day before) and incredibly sturdy, especially with the added supports.