Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2017, 04:01 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh. Chemicals bad. The sprayer was dressed properly. The guys dad was there explaining the process to me and we both got a gust of foam dust particals. It gets on you like dust if the wind blows the wrong way. By that time it has already fully expanded so the only foam you keep is the foam you inhale. It comes out of your eyes and ears and generally everywhere more later when it's being trimmed. A partical mask would be sufficient. I couldn't detect any fumes.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:41 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
It comes out of your eyes and ears and generally everywhere more later when it's being trimmed. A partical mask would be sufficient. I couldn't detect any fumes.
I expect far worse from the rust grinding. I have a canister mask. On sale for $25 at Tractor Supply so I should probably check to see how many MACROS (not speeling) it's good for. If it was a $100 mask it might be micros. Come to think of it, I only have the fliters it came with. I'm going to need a lot more!!
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:11 AM   #23
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Usually you can get a dutch gas mask for about 10 dollars at a surplus place. A gas mask is a bit of an overkill for rust dust. Swatting flies with a hammer. overkill.

I made a wind tunnel between the front and back doors by putting an industrial fan blowing out the back door to suck out all the rust dust. I only had a rust tan on my arms when I was done.

Bob, ever since you put lipstick on your... bus you've been much quieter. You didn't inhale while using that xyline did you?