So it has been a while... I haven't got a lot done, just gathering up materials, tools, and saving money for the bigger jobs.
I bought one of these and have been practicing on the seat frames that I pulled from the bus.
things I have done.
I stripped out about 50lb of wire
Got all the crap off the walls
including a run to the dump with all this fun and itchy goodness
I took the sheet metal from the back of one of the old seats and cut it into 2x3 inch squares and welded those over the bolt holes from the bus seats.
I saw a post on here where a fella built a passenger seat stand from the old bus seat frames, so I figured I would give it a try. I cut up the base of one of the old seat with an angle grinder, cut out about 6” and welded it back together.
gave it a test by placing a seat on top and …. a little too high.
I could build up the floor, but made a smaller base instead
I have the degreaser / etcher / paint for the floor, but havent started on it yet. It has been going slow with side projects and work and little money.... more to come.