Year: 1991
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Safe-T-Liner
Engine: CAT 3208 Turbo
Rated Cap: 84
Re: "Double Deuce"

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LR
please excuse my OCD bud...the Sam needs some yellow on it to match the bus!!!

I want to do a paint scheme on the sami to match the colors we plan on painting the bus. Which is Silver on the top, Black at the window belt, and red on the bottom half. But on of my OCD hang ups is, if I paint something, every inch of it better not "reveal" the original color behind it. So I would be opening a massive can of worms if I was to paint the sami because I would have to do a complete tear down and resto type of paint job......So it will be staying white for now
tfdfyrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:21 AM   #72
Skoolie

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 350 Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 65
Send a message via Yahoo to C00LR

Quote:
C00LR wrote:
please excuse my OCD bud...the Sam needs some yellow on it to match the bus!!!

I want to do a paint scheme on the sami to match the colors we plan on painting the bus. Which is Silver on the top, Black at the window belt, and red on the bottom half. But on of my OCD hang ups is, if I paint something, every inch of it better not "reveal" the original color behind it. So I would be opening a massive can of worms if I was to paint the sami because I would have to do a complete tear down and resto type of paint job......So it will be staying white for now

Its already black and white... It would look good behind MY bus!!.
I actaully ran across one of these for sale a couple days ago. Dont know the year or anything except its white too with a black top and some graphics. I was thinking about reading about your Sami and start getting ideas. Its a great tow vehicle in that its lightweight and 4x4 so you should be able to kick the trans case in neutral and down the road you go! Then again.... I ALREADY have a Karmann Ghia that will probably eventually be stuck to the back of my bus. I need to practice up on my welding first before I put a hitch back there though.

"There are No Conflicts, Public or Private, That Cannot be Resolved with the Proper Application of High Explosives"

IYAAYAS
C00LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #73
Skoolie

Take a road trip in your bus and come down here. We'll get you one welded up
Old 09-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #74
Skoolie

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 350 Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 65
Send a message via Yahoo to C00LR

thank you for the offer!!! I would take you up on it... but I've got some more wrenching to do. Sitting for five years and then putting it back on the road hasn't been kind to the old bus. Or my checkbook. My checkbook needs time to recover from the project of replacing rear wheel cylinders. And now it looks as that I have a seal leaking on the right rear axle, NOT looking fwd to pulling that hub off AGAIN!! Before she goes much further I need to replace the water pump. I'm pretty sure the fan and pulley arent supposed to be wobbling when the engine runs. My starter is about to go out and I am gonna need to replace the power steering pump too. I can live with the armstrong steering for the moment. But I'd really rather replace the water pump and starter here at the house where I have tools. So the hitch gets put on the "wants" list and the "needs" list once again takes priority.
Aint it funny how the stuff on the "wants" list is more fun to work on than the "needs" list??

"There are No Conflicts, Public or Private, That Cannot be Resolved with the Proper Application of High Explosives"

IYAAYAS
C00LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #75
Skoolie

I made a sad decision today. Gonna have to sell her off due to lack of funds and the fact I hate to see things sit.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6306