Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
Re: Drag race car

Put a good heavy hitch on it. I couldn't resist...I was kidding...seriously, dig through the forums and you'll find a lot of toy haulers with pictures of how they converted it. There are buses that have had the bodies shortened the the rear half of the frame used as a 5th wheel (I considered doing that with a long bus and using the frame as a flatbed hauler) and others that had ramp doors made in the back to pull the toy inside. I just haul a trailer with mine. The first question is what kind of bus do you have or are you looking at?

Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #2

Hello, go to my website parkerchassis.com and look in my archives in the news section oct or nov 2005. Also I am starting a new one to haul my 1962 impala pro-mod. Good luck, Dan
Dan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 92
Coachwork: Thomas Merbach
Chassis: IH
Engine: DT366
Rated Cap: 74

Mr. Parker, Great website I struggled to find the archives right off but they are there.

I am considering a stacker type back door for loading and lifting our Rally cars. I intend to haul two cars and was going to Drop the frame and raise the floor (what you did) but then got to thinking how cool a Stacker/lift would be.

My question to you is did you just cut into the back side or did you dissassemble the wall and then build it back up as necessary?

I am wondering what kind of structure or support there would be after I tear into the wall.

Does the rear end wiggle or distort say if your part slightly twisted?

Rally or closed road races happen i some pretty remote areas sometimes.

to conclude thanks for the pictures and great site.

Mike
Michael Merbach is offline   Reply With Quote