Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Skoolie

Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
DragonFly

Well my "Big ugly" has been replaced by S-caper, now to be knowen as the DragonFly. S-caper was Les's dog nose bus that he has agreed to sell me, in fact its sitting outside waiting for me.

First driveing impression was WOW..after my other bus its so nice and easy to drive, power steering makes a huge difference. It seems to have plenty of power when running the hilly curvy roads out here... and air brakes, my 6 year old now knows he has to sit when dads driveing..well he was sitting to be honest but he ended up on the floor after my first stop *grin* so yeah..seat belts that were already on my list got moved up a tad. It takes a bit more than a sore bum to slow him at all..he wants to take the bus everywhere, even wants to sleep in it tonight... but I said no (party popper that I am).

Demonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
So... is Big Ugly for sale, or what? I know of someone in Oregon looking for a real
cheap bus. Would Big Ugly be cheap?

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
Skoolie

actually its already been given away.... once I clean it out (hope tomorrow).. They have a Ford bus and wanted parts..after looking at it they decided since it was bigger they would reverse the "part" bus and fix "big ugly" rather than part it.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Very good! And good luck to both parties with their new projects!

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #5
Skoolie

Well things are not working like I had hoped..the rv park I talked to before buying the bus turned out to be a bunch of idots and told me (when I showed up) that there was a age limit on rv's...when I first asked they said no, then once I showed up...lets just say I was less than happy...

so, we have been living in a local city park (rv slot), but can only stay there 14 days, so this week we head to a state park *S* one bright side is after living in it I find out fast what will, and won't work for a "full timer"....must be on floor plan 7 or 8 by now....and thats just the back bedroom area of the bus.

Ok, one other nice thing is my new pay checks...well before they took out my advance anyway..800+ every two weeks....course I get to make my first "real"payment on her off the next one.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
Skoolie

Re: DragonFly

So anyway...we have been living in a 30" travel trailer at a rv park waiting on a larger slot to open up for the Bus, so far no go...guess someone has to die around here... On the plus side living in this thing has opened a few minds, and sparked more than a few ideas... And we now have most all the parts we will need for the conversion once we strip this out..then I'll have a nice little 30' dual axel trailer to drag my car around on *S* once its beefed up a bit.

Things I need to remember to do is to measure the distance from the ground to the top of the bus, just to see how far I could raise it. For some reason whenever I get out to the bus I tend to forget WHY i went there and settle on just starting it and letting run for a bit...so far its fired right off with no complaints.