Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   School Bus Conversion Resources > Bus Conversions > Skoolie Conversion Projects
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
Skoolie

Extreme box truck conversion - slides move out and up, with turrets, porches and more

There are some great ideas to incorporate in your build here! The double spinning lighted underbed/corner storage has my name all over it, as well as the covered rooftop patio with hammock and tub and built in food dehydrator, and the front porch entryway... and, and, and... Oh to dream... (going to have to up that drivetrain I think...)

The Transforming Castle Truck - Living Big In A Tiny House | Living Big In A Tiny House

Unfortunately, there are no build threads or plans at all. The only info I could find was that is was about 15,000lbs and road legal in New Zealand.

Not sure how waterproof or insulated this is, but I love the concepts it incorporates.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1979
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 8 cyl gas
Rated Cap: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLass View Post
There are some great ideas to incorporate in your build here! The double spinning lighted underbed/corner storage has my name all over it, as well as the covered rooftop patio with hammock and tub and built in food dehydrator, and the front porch entryway... and, and, and... Oh to dream... (going to have to up that drivetrain I think...)

The Transforming Castle Truck - Living Big In A Tiny House | Living Big In A Tiny House

Unfortunately, there are no build threads or plans at all. The only info I could find was that is was about 15,000lbs and road legal in New Zealand.

Not sure how waterproof or insulated this is, but I love the concepts it incorporates.
That's pretty wild and looks like it might take a bit to get it 'on the road' from time to time.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Wow, my password still works! Haven't been in here in years.

That thing is amazing. Nice to see someone has put the fold out room concept that has been rattling around in my dome for years, to use. I think it is a very simple and doable idea that would work great on a skoolie. I think it is a better idea than slideouts and certainly easier to do for a DIYer.
pete c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1979
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 8 cyl gas
Rated Cap: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete c View Post
Wow, my password still works! Haven't been in here in years.

That thing is amazing. Nice to see someone has put the fold out room concept that has been rattling around in my dome for years, to use. I think it is a very simple and doable idea that would work great on a skoolie. I think it is a better idea than slideouts and certainly easier to do for a DIYer.
Yes after watching the whole video I am impressed by the ingenuity and engineering. I'm thinking about the yin/yang bath and I about fell over when she showed the wrap around shelves. Some people are just too creative.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #5
Skoolie

Quote:
I am impressed by the ingenuity and engineering. I'm thinking about the yin/yang bath and I about fell over when she showed the wrap around shelves
It is pretty fabulous. I hope they someday create and publish something with more construction details. In the meantime, I need to figure out how to slo-mo and freeze frame better. I'm with you on those wrap around shelves... gotta have them!
Old 04-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #6
Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 3208 turbo Cat
Rated Cap: 78
I have to say that this video opens up another world of Ideas for me, thank you so much for posting it.

J
juliol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #7
Skoolie

Quote:
I have to say that this video opens up another world of Ideas for me, thank you so much for posting it.
You're welcome! It's all about the inspiration isn't it?

I'm a noobie to conversions in general, and skoolies in particular, and am in the research and options phase right now. I love the inspiration from things like this. On the whole, it's a bit over the top for me, but there are lots of details I'd like to incorporate, and others that have inspired me in a different direction. I've always been one to think outside the box and wonder why not? I think these folks are a great example of never say "can't"!

I have also gotten tons of inspiration from the builds in this forum and others. I only wish I had started a folder/bookmark for all the ideas and build details. I've got to find a consistent way to keep track of things across different computers/phones, etc.

Happy travels and here's to great inspirations!

Tags
castle conversion, fold out rooms